18: taking risky steps

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Jaemin looked at his phone.

His thumb wiping over the message, Renjun had sent. The older lad had sounded helpless. Jaemin knew Renjun wanted him to come and save him. But all Jaemin could do, was log out of the app and lock the phone. 

He was laying on his back in the room Hyunjin had given him. Earlier, to Jaemin's surprise, Donghyuck moved in. A big duffle bag with his stuff over his shoulder; the tanned boy shuffled into the room and sat down on the bed opposite of Jaemin's.

They had looked at each other for a while before Donghyuck told Jaemin what happened and that he sought help. His youth counselor's name was Park Soojin and Jaemin knew her name. She was a good-looking young woman who helped kids with family problems. 

She wasn't usually one that would pick up kids from abusive families like Do Hyunjin did with Jaemin; her focus was on kids, that couldn't get along with her family. And Jaemin thought Park Soojin was a great counselor for Donghyuck.

Donghyuck had cried when he told Jaemin about his Mum's disappearance and then he had cried himself to sleep.

His phone had rung while he slept. Multiple times, but Jaemin decided to ignore it. And he decided to ignore Renjun's text. He knew it wasn't right for him to do so, but he couldn't see the Chinese boy now. The fight in the hideout was still haunting his head.

When did Jeno become so protective of Renjun?

Jaemin couldn't find any clues in his head so he threw the phone away and decided to lay down and sleep. He would ask Renjun, what his matter was when he would see him again. But Jaemin had other problems at the moment. Hyunjin wanted to talk to his mother tomorrow so he was, of course, worried how that would turn out.

If his father would find out that his Mum was going to meet a man in a coffeeshop he would freak out and properly kill her. And Jaemin couldn't risk that so he decided to go home while his Mother was meeting Hyunjin. He was going to go home and distract his Dad.

Even though he hated that man with a passion, he was still his father. And maybe that was one of the reasons Jaemin took so long to allow Hyunjin to speak to his parents. But now, that they took this step, Jaemin had to be ready for everything.

The boy sighed and heard his phone buzz on the nightstand.

Jaemin turned around to look at it, only seeing that he got an e-mail notification. "So it wasn't Injun" he muttered to himself and closed his eyes.

Sleep soon drifted over him, making his eyes and body heavy.