19: good night

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"I like boys, Renjun," Jeno repeated and Renjun softly smiled while patting his leg once more. "It's okay. No need to feel shy in front of me." Renjun said and chuckled. His heart hurt and tears were welling up in his eyes. "Being in love is horrible." The Chinese boy whispered and Jeno looked at him, watching the tears drip down Renjun's cheeks.

"W-What do you mean?" Jeno asked and gasped when Renjun looked up, a painful expression on his face. "I know he doesn't like me. He left me on read. He never helped me when you and Donghyuck were fighting. I ... I don't know how to react in front of him anymore. I was always on a high when I was around him. But it's getting harder to be with him." Renjun was now bawling and Jeno gulped.

Jeno knew who Renjun was talking about. It was never a secret that Renjun had a crush on Jaemin. The only one who didn't know it was Jaemin himself.

"My Mum locked me in my room so I won't be able to spend time with you and the rest of the boys anymore. She says you're all killing me." Renjun wiped his tears and grabbed Jeno's hands. His eyes fell on the plaster on Jeno's wrist. Latter gulped. "I know what you're doing, Jeno. But... But how about we do it together?" Renjun asked and Jeno widened his eyes.

"You're tired, Renjun. You don't know what you're talking about." - "I know how much you hate your family. You've been self-harming for ages, Lee Jeno. I know it. I can read your face." Renjun said and Jeno looked down, trying to get Renjun's hands off him.

Suicide sounded like the only way out of this mess. Jeno knew it. But he didn't know if he could continue hurting himself when he knew that his sister was struggling as much as he was.

Jeno scrambled to his feet. "We shouldn't do this, Renjun. We can't die like this. We shouldn't kill ourselves."

Renjun realized that something in Jeno changed. He sighed and stood up. He took the last two steps that were parting them from each other. "There's hope in your eyes," Renjun said and chuckled. "What exactly happened today? You, Jaemin and Donghyuck are so different. Aren't we in the same boat anymore?" Renjun asked and Jeno opened his mouth to say something.

But no words left his lips.

Renjun laughed, while tears streamed down his face. "It's okay. It's always okay." Renjun whispered and leaned forward until his nose was bumping against Jeno's. "It's okay. Remember that. We're all okay." Renjun whispered before he quickly pecked Jeno's lips.

Jeno froze when Renjun's lips touched his and he took a step back, once Renjun departed from him. "G-Good Night, Injun." Jeno stuttered and walked backward out of the hideout.

Renjun on the other hand touched his tingling lips and went to lay down on his bed. "Yes. Good Night." He whispered and closed his eyes.