27: who

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The beeping was becoming unbearable. It was becoming louder and he could feel his heartbeat speed up. His head was heavy, he couldn't even describe what was happening around him. His fingers gripped onto the bed sheets and then he opened his eyes.

Around him were faces he had never seen before. Doctors, apparently. Renjun could tell from their clothing. One of the men was watching him with eager eyes. "Huang Renjun?" He asked and Renjun cocked an eyebrow. Huang Renjun? Was that his name. 

"Who's that?" Renjun asked and the look of the doctor almost fell to the depths of the hell. 

"Could it be?" A nurse asked and Renjun cocked his eyebrow at her. "I don't know. It was listed as a side-effect..." Another nurse mumbled and Renjun slowly sat up. "Excuse me?" He asked pointing at the people around him. "Where am I?"

"This is the Seoul Hospital, Renjun-sshi." A nurse with a warm smile spoke. "S-Seoul Hospital?" He asked and rubbed his head. "And why am I here?" 

The nurse looked down, unsure of what to answer. The head doctor looked at Renjun and sighed. He didn't expect this reaction of the boy. 

After the machines started acting up a while ago, he decided to wake him up from his artificial coma and see how his vitals were. The doctor and his team never expected Amnesia to be the result of the attempted suicide. 

"You've attempted suicide", the doctor spoke slowly, eyeing Renjun carefully. The student nodded. "I have problems?" He asked and the Doctor. "That, we aren't sure of. But I think I saw your best friends out there. Maybe you want to see them?"

While the doctors and nurses were unplugging Renjun off the machines and checking his vitals, the young Chinese was wondering, who these friends were. He couldn't remember anything after waking up. He wasn't sure of his name, his backstory and why he attempted suicide.

He wasn't even sure if he wanted to see these three boys that were waiting outside for him.

An hour later, Renjun was sitting on his bed, a glass of water and some painkillers in front of him. He wasn't sure if he should take them. He felt alright, but the nurse had told him it was hard work for his body to be woken up from an artificial coma.

Why was I in an artificial coma? He had asked the nurse, who only answered that he attempted suicide. Renjun wasn't sure why he wanted to kill himself in the first place, but it must've been something heavy. He looked at his hands, wrists, thighs but he couldn't find any signs of self-harm, so it must be something different.

A knock on the door got him out of his thoughts and he watched the door got opened, very slowly until a round head appeared and looked at Renjun with widened eyes. "You're really awake", the boy spoke with a voice that sends a shiver down Renjun's spine.

It seemed warm, familiar. But Renjun didn't know why or who this boy was. 

Behind the first boy two other males entered the room. One was wearing a pajama and had bandages around his wrists and one had a thin face and empty eyes. 

These were his friends? Renjun couldn't believe that these boys that looked so unbelievably broken were his friends. 

"Who are you?" Renjun asked and moved away from the first boy, that almost reached his bed.

Donghyuck gulped, seeing the reaction of his best friend. "R-Renjun? Don't you recognize us? It's Donghyuck", the boy pointed at himself before moving his hand over to Jaemin and Jeno who seemed as shocked as Donghyuck. "It's me, Donghyuck, Jaemin and Jeno. We're your best friends." Donghyuck finished his sentence and watched Renjun shook his head.

"I don't have these type of friends. I surely have friends that are healthy and popular. Please leave before I call the nurse in!" Renjun warned and looked at the three intruders with fear in his eyes. "Injun, don't act like that. You're hurting us." Jaemin said and Renjun eyed him. 

A cold feeling crept up Renjun's spine and he shook his head. "Leave. I want y'all to leave!" He screamed, which scared the shit out of Donghyuck. He never seen Renjun like that. With a swift motion he turned around, grabbed Jaemin and Jeno's arms and had left the room of their friend, that doesn't seem to remember them anymore.