22: headspace

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"He was alone. We left him all alone. He was all by himself." Donghyuck was rocking back and forth on the floor of the hospital. Jeno was standing next to him. "I shouldn't have left him." He said and clawed his own arm. Jaemin looked at the two of them. "What exactly are you talking about?" - "Renjun. He was all alone. You know he can't be alone. I left him alone ... to die." Jeno said, his eyes filling with tears.

"I haven't seen Renjun for days," Jaemin said. "The last time I saw him was on the day of your fight. I stayed in the youth office since then. Why was Renjun alone in the hideout?" - "Because I left him there! He confused me! He asked if we should attempt suicide together and I chickened out. He kissed me and told me everything was going to be ok."

"He wanted to kill himself?" Donghyuck yelled. "Why didn't you tell me that he was talking about suicide! Jeno, he's fucking depressive!" - "I am as well, you asshole!" Jeno screamed. "I would've killed myself way earlier, but my sister gave me new hope! Exactly how Hyunjin and Soojin gave hope to the both of you! The only one who didn't have a chance to hope was Renjun!"

Jeno was angry. At himself, at Donghyuck and at Jaemin. "He loved you Jaemin. And it was killing him because you never realized." Jaemin looked down. His hands bruised from fighting his father and dried tears on his cheeks from crying over his mother.

The boys had been awake for over twenty-four hours now.

The hospital their second home, all of a sudden.

Donghyuck looked at his hands. He was worried about how his life was going to turn out after the mess with the adoption was done. His stepfather was worried about him and asked to adopt him. Even if he wasn't married anymore. And as this was hard, Park Soojin supported him and Donghyuck on their way.

Donghyuck wanted to tell Renjun that he was going to have a real father soon.

Jeno felt bad for leaving Renjun behind. He felt so bad for leaving the Chinese all by himself after latter had spoken so weirdly and confusing. Jeno should've thought about his words more and stayed with him.

Jeno wanted to tell Renjun he liked him.

Jaemin didn't have enough teas anymore. Hearing that Renjun had a crush on him was making him almost crazy. He never read the signs. Renjun lovingly calling his name, cuddling into him; Jaemin always thought that Renjun was just outgoing because of his illness.

Jaemin felt bad for not taking Renjun's feelings serious.

"Guys!" Park Soojin called them, a tired expression on her lips. The boys looked up. "How is he?" Donghyuck asked, rushing over to his youth counselor, looking her in the eye. "How is Renjun?" Jeno now asked while Jaemin quietly walked up to them.

"He..." Soojin took a break and bit her lip, "the doctors had to put him in an artificial coma."