07: do hyunjin

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"How could you not understand it?" Renjun laughed and carefully climbed over a dustbin to jump over the fence that led to their hideout. "Watch out!" Donghyuck warned and stretched his arms towards the lovesick Chinese. But Renjun had already landed safely on the grass.

Donghyuck quickly followed him and jumped over the fence as well, almost tripping when he landed. "You tell me to watch out and fall down yourself?" Renjun chuckled and handed Donghyuck his hand. Latter took it and let the weak boy drag him all the way to the hideout.

While coming closer Renjun could hear the laughter of Jeno and Jaemin. His heart started beating faster and he patted his chest carefully. "They get along pretty well," Renjun whispered and Donghyuck looked at him.

"Junie, they're just friends. You know that." Donghyuck gave Renjun a reassuring smile and went to open the door to see Jeno and Jaemin sitting on the beat up mattress holding a tablet in between them.

Renjun looked over Donghyuck's shoulder and smiled immediately once his eyes met Jaemin's.

"You're here!" Jaemin cheered and waved them inside. "How was school?" Jeno asked and snickered towards Donghyuck who showed him his middle finger and threw his stuff in a corner before walking over to a little drawer where he kept small bottles of whiskey.

Renjun on the other hand neatly put his stuff away and walked to the mattress and sit down. Jaemin immediately took one of the blankets and draped it over the older boy. Renjun blushed and looked away.

Jeno walked over to Donghyuck and threw his arm around him. "Gimme a sip." The black haired boy muttered and nodded towards the bottle. "Steal your own," Donghyuck said and looked away. Jeno watched Donghyuck take a sip and tilt his head. "Did your girl say no?" Jeno asked and Donghyuck quickly looked over to Renjun and Jaemin that were looking at a video on the tablet.

Jeno followed Donghyuck's look. "Junie doesn't know of your girlfriend?" - "No. He wouldn't like her." Donghyuck handed the bottle to Jeno and sighed. "She's older than me." - How much?" Jeno asked and Donghyuck went in to answer when someone knocked on the door of their hideout.

The four boys quickly exchanged a look and Jaemin sighed. He stood up and walked to the door, opening it a bit to see Do Hyunjin in front of it. "How did you know where I was?" Jaemin grunted and rolled his eyes. "I tracked your tablet, kiddo." The streetworker spoke. "Can I come in?" He asked and Jaemin bit his lip. "Hyung, they don't know I sought help." Jaemin let out in between gritted teeth.

"Let me in. Maybe I can help them as well."

And without Jaemin's consent, he walked inside the messy hideout and stared at Donghyuck and Jeno that were bending over a bottle of Whiskey and Renjun that was sitting on the mattress, patting his heart.

"So we have alcohol issues and ... clinical depression?" Do Hyunjin guessed and turned around to Jaemin who opened his mouth. "I can explain." He said towards his friends that all seemed surprised to see a young man in their round.