21: weak heart

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Renjun knew he was completely alone.

He stared at his phone. Messages keep appearing in his and the boys' group chat, something that had been quiet for quite some time and all of the sudden became alive because Jaemin was hospitalized

After reading the messages he knew that Jaemin's father completely freaked out and tried to kill him and his mother. Jaemin was bruised and traumatized but he wrote he was alright and would get over it. His mum, on the other hand, had severe bruises, broken ribs and was also traumatized. 

Renjun read Jeno's message. Should I come over, Jaem? A snicker left the Chinese mouth. He forgot that Jeno was Jaemin's best friend. But even Donghyuck, who was supposed to be his best friend, asked Jaemin if he should come over.

Renjun looked around in the hideout. 

Even if the heater was on and Renjun was safe in his blankets it felt cold and lonely. He knew he would end up alone one day. No one wanted to befriend someone who was suffering from a broken heart. A wonder that his heart didn't break about Jaemin's tragic news.

Renjun loved Jaemin. At least he thought so. But why was it making him angry that Jaemin was getting all the attention now?

Renjun hated himself for that.

He kicked the blankets off him and threw them in a corner. This was his hideout. No one was allowed to come here anymore. Because Renjun would make it his own. His safe haven. The other boys had themselves. They didn't need Renjun anymore.

He walked over to his bag and chuckled evilly when he found the pills his Mum always had in there in case Renjun would get heartache again.

He opened the bottles and dropped some of the blue and white pills on the floor. Even some of his red SOS medicine pills were spilling out of the glass while Renjun dropped them all on the mattress. He grabbed a handful of pills and looked at them. "I don't even know if they'll kill me." He spoke and opened his mouth to swallow them when he heard steps outside the shed.

He froze in his spot.

Voices were talking outside. It was a man and a woman. Maybe the youth counselors Donghyuck and Jaemin sought help of? 

The steps came closer to the door and Renjun's heart was beating faster. "Don't come inside." He whispered. His body shivered and his fingers started shaking. He held his breath when a knock appeared at the door. "Huang Renjun? Are you inside?" Do Hyunjin's voice called and Renjun looked at the door that was slowly opening.

As soon as Do Hyunjin and Park Soojin's face were in front of him he threw the mixture of pills into his mouth and jumped behind the mattress, an action way too fast for his already weakened heart. 

Renjun slipped over some of the pills on the floor and fell towards one of the shelves that were in that corner when the medicine kicked in and calmed his heart rate. 

Hyunjin and Soojin rushed over when Renjun broke down on the floor, white foam in the corners of his mouth.