17: i like boys

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Renjun couldn't understand his Mum's behaviour.

As soon as he came home from the hospital, his Mother had forced him to take his pills and locked him into his bedroom.

"There's no need for you to go outside. I'll tell the school you're sick." His Mum had said before locking the door from the outside.

Renjun was suffocating.

His parents went to sleep long ago and Renjun knew that this was his only chance to flee. Now. Or Never.

He tried calling Donghyuck, but his phone seemed to be off. He texted Jaemin, but latter left him on read.

His last hope was Jeno.

With nervous fingers, Renjun dialed his number. It was three in the morning. Jeno was probably sound asleep but Renjun tried it nevertheless. After four beeps, Jeno picked up.

"Injun?" He asked with a sleepy voice that made Renjun feel bad. He did wake him up in the end! He took a deep breath. "Thank god," The Chinese lad mumbled and Jeno perked up. "H-How are you? How's your heart?"

Renjun forgot that he didn't talk to Jeno since the accident in the hideout. "I'm okay. Don't worry. But ... I have a problem." Jeno was all ears. "What's the matter?"

"My Mum kinda freaked out and locked me in my room. I am going mental here. I feel like I am suffocating." Renjun confessed and Jeno nodded, even if Renjun couldn't see it.

"I'll save you," Jeno said and hung up.

Renjun smiled happily, the thought of Jeno coming to his rescue at three in the morning was kinda ... romantic. 

It didn't take Jeno long to arrive at Renjun's mansion and climb over the fence until he was standing under Renjuns window and throwing pebbles at it.

"That's so cheesy!" Renjun said after opening his window and climbing outside towards the pipe. His bag pack was tight on his back when he finally reached the ground; Jeno helped him down the last few meters until Renjun landed safely in the other boy's arms.

"Thank you for—" - "They can still hear us!" Jeno hissed and dragged Renjun away from his house.

Once the two teenagers were out of Renjun's street, Jeno decided to embrace Renjun.

His heart was almost beating out of his chest and Jeno couldn't believe himself! He knew Renjun had a crush on Jaemin, yet here he was hugging the thin boy and enjoying that bit of skinship they were sharing. 

Jeno accompanied Renjun to their hideout and turned on the heater for the boy that placed his blankets and Moomin dolls on the worn-out mattress-

"Are you okay being by yourself? I'm worried that someone is going to hurt you."

Jeno walked over and sat down next to his friend. Renjun gave him a smile. "You did so much for me already. I'll be fine. I promise!" He patted Jeno's leg, who only sighed.

"You shouldn't do that."

Renjun took his hand away and looked at his friend who was looking down, his shoulders slightly shaking.

"Why shouldn't I do that?" Renjun asked and slowly lifted Jeno's head. Jeno glared at Renjun and took his hand away from him. "Renjun, I..." Jeno took a deep breath and looked at Renjun. It was time to come clean to at least one of their friends. They would understand. At least Renjun would understand.

"I like boys."