25: calm

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Blood was everywhere and Donghyuck could feel panic crawl up his spine. But he knew he couldn't show his panicked state right now. Donghyuck knew he couldn't start screaming right now. Because his best friend was dying. Jeno was dying.

"Jeno" Donghyuck started to walk over to the mattress, where Jeno was sitting, "are you alright? Are you hurt?" Donghyuck didn't know what to say to someone who committed suicide; someone that was on the verge of dying.

"I don't have pain now," Jeno answered, awkwardly calm and sighed. "But why am I not dying faster?" He asked and a tear rolled down his cheeks. Donghyuck took a deep breath. 

Jeno must've cut pretty deep for him to lose this much blood. But it wasn't too deep to die from the cuts.

"Should we get checked why you're not dying? Maybe a doctor can see why you're not dying. Maybe you're a superhero?" Donghyuck said with a calm voice and Jeno looked up. "A superhero?" - "Yes! I don't know anyone else who can walk into a store and steal a pack of crisps with a savage smile like you! And I don't know anyone who can talk to little kids as calm as you can. Definitely a superhero."

Jeno smiled and calmly stood up.

He fell due to the loss of his own blood, but Donghyuck caught him and held him tight. "It's ok. You're ok." Donghyuck whispered and Jeno started crying. "That's, that's what Renjun always said." Jeno bawled his eyes out while Donghyuck tried to get him out of the hideout.

"Renjun knew we're going to be okay." Donghyuck agreed, a sad smile on his own lips. But he couldn't think of his own problems right now. He needed to help Jeno. 

Donghyuck didn't know how he managed to carry Jeno all the way to the hospital. His shirt was dirty from all the blood Jeno lost, but the young man couldn't care less. The doctors had fixed Jeno's wounds and gave him something against the pain.

Now he was sleeping peacefully.

Donghyuck took a deep breath while walking outside of the room. It was almost fate that the hospital put Jeno in the room next to Renjun. Donghyuck's eyes wandered to the close door of the sick boy and he sighed while sitting down on a chair.

Everything was slowly falling apart and Donghyuck knew he couldn't change that. He wanted to know of Jeno's condition, so he waited for the doctor to come and tell him. But he couldn't sit still. He paced around the hallway, always looking from Renjun's room to Jeno's.

Finally, a doctor came and Donghyuck ran up to him. "How's my friend? Lee Jeno?" The doctor gave him a small smile. "He's alright. His cuts weren't too deep and not dangerous. He thankfully didn't cut the veins. But we'll prescripted him some anti-depressants and will tell him to get a therapy. This boy is broken."

Donghyuck nodded and thanked the doctor for the pieces of information. Once the doctor was out of sight, Donghyuck broke down. He was tired, sad and unbelievably relieved that Jeno would survive. With scars, but he would survive.

Donghyuck rubbed his temples and closed his eyes for a second when he heard someone call his name. 

"Donghyuck?" the voice repeated and Donghyuck slowly turned around to see Na Jaemin coming out of Renjun's room. "What are you doing here?" The younger boy asked and Donghyuck bit his lip. "I saved Jeno's life," Donghyuck said through gritted teeth and watched Jaemin lean against the wall next to Renjun's door.

"What happened?" Jaemin asked and Donghyuck looked down. "Jeno tried to kill himself. Probably because of Renjun. He can't live without him." Jaemin nodded at Donghyuck's words. "Renjun looks calm. The beeping is horrifying. But he lives." 

Donghyuck ignored the fact that Jaemin had simply walked into Renjun's room like that, while he wasn't allowed in it. 

"Donghyuck" Jaemin started and Donghyuck looked up and stared at his friend, "I'm moving away."