06: jealous

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

„He's not coming, right?" - "He never comes after getting beaten. He's in the hideout until school is over. That's what he usually does." Donghyuck looked over to Renjun who was sitting at his little desk in their loud classroom.

The Chinese boy sighed. "You already miss him?" Donghyuck chuckled and patted his best friends head before faking a sigh.

Renjun looked at him, confused as why Donghyuck was acting up again.

"I am kind of jealous that you didn't fall in love with me." Donghyuck said and Renjun gasped. "Hyuck!" He quickly let out. "I didn't fall in love with Jaemin! I am just crushing on him."

"Either way I am jealous. Why couldn't you fall in love with me?" Donghyuck made a duckface that made Renjun chuckle. "I always love you. Just different than what I feel for Jaemin I guess."

"I'm just messing with you, Junie!" Donghyuck laughed and hugged his best friend who only blushed. "I'm just confused." Renjun pouted and Donghyuck laughed once more.

Donghyuck couldn't be more happier to have Renjun. When he first met the Chinese boy he didn't like him. Renjun was too quiet. Too handsome and too nice. How could a normal person even be like that?

But one day, when Donghyuck was getting beaten up by a hand of girls he played with, Renjun stepped up and helped him out.

And since then Donghyuck couldn't feel more happy to call Renjun his best friend.

Donghyuck only wanted the best for Renjun, so of course he was worried about the growing feelings of the quiet boy.

Donghyuck knew for a fact that Jaemin wasn't gay and that Renjun was heading towards a one-sided love. Donghyuck wanted to protect Renjun from another heartache.

He didn't want his best friend to die.

Donghyuck looked at Renjun who was doodling a Moomin into his notebook. A cute little Moomin with hearts all over his head. He was probably thinking about Jaemin once more.

Donghyuck wanted to say something when their teacher entered the room and started his lesson right away, without checking attendance and seeing that two of his classmates were missing.

Lee Jeno and Na Jaemin.

"Nana, Nana, Nana." Jeno laughed after entering the hideout and turning the heater on.

Jaemin was cuddled into Renjun's blanket tower and looked at Jeno with empty eyes. "What?" Latter asked and Jaemin shook his head. "It's cold ok? And Injun's blankets are warm and soft." Jaemin defended himself.

"You could've turn on the heater then you wouldn't freeze to death. Just saying." Jeno said and took off the blazer of his uniform.

He was skipping class once again.

As always he'd get ready in the morning and leave the house perfectly dressed in his school uniform only to walk to the hideout and take it off again.

Jaemin didn't even bother going to school or wearing his uniform. "I didn't sleep at home last night." He confessed and Jeno looked at him, sitting down on the dusty mattress that was in the corner of the hideout.

"Where did you sleep?" Jeno asked and Jaemin wanted to tell him of Do Hyunjin and his team, but he felt like his tongue was tied and he couldn't say a word.

"You don't have to say it." Jeno said and closed his eyes. "I'm going to sleep and wonder if Renjun and Donghyuck are bored in school." And Jeno immediately drifted into dreamland.

Jaemin looked at him and sighed. "Injun's a good kid. He always goes to school. And Donghyuck tags along because he needs him." Jaemin muttered and sulked.