13: need help

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Is my son okay?" Mrs. Huang ran through the hallway of the hospital, trying to find her son, while a nurse was after her, trying to help her. "My son, Huang Renjun, where is he?" She stopped and the nurse finally caught up with her. "Mrs. Huang, your son is over there." She led the woman to the emergency room where Mrs. Huang already saw Lee Donghyuck from afar. 

"Why is that boy here?" The woman asked the nurse and the nurse tilted her head. "He brought him here." She explained and Renjun's mother scoffed. "Thank you. I'll walk the rest by myself." She smiled and walked over to where Donghyuck was sitting.

Dongyhyuck looked at Renjun, who was lying in his bed, a breathing machine on his mouth. Soft beeping showed Donghyuck, that Renjun's heart was slowly calming down again. "Ah, Renjun I am so sorry." Donghyuck started when he saw Renjun's mother waltz towards him. "Your Mum is here!" Donghyuck said and stood up to greet Mrs. Huang properly.

But the furious woman only slapped the boy's cheek and glared at him.

"How dare you bring my son to the hospital?" She shrieked and held on to Donghyuck's shirt. Tears had formed in Donghyuck's eyes after the slap but he couldn't say a word. He was struck. He had helped Renjun but all he got was a slap in the face.

"I'm leaving." He bowed and walked out of the Hospital. 

Renjun's mother sighed and sat down next to the bed. "My poor baby. I told you it's not good to hang out with these problematic kids. They're only hurting you over and over again. Look! They even brought you to the hospital! It's time to stop, okay?" Mrs. Huang spoke and softly stroked her son's cheek. 

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows and opened his eyes, seeing his mother hovering over him. "My baby, how are you?" She asked and watched Renjun struggling to take the breathing mask off. "Where's Donghyuck?" Renjun asks but his mother grimaced. "That's not important now. It's more important how you are feeling. My love, how are you?" Mrs. Huang asked and stroked Renjun's cheek once more.

"Mum, where is Donghyuck?" Renjun repeated, swatting his Mum's hand away. Mrs. Huang sighed annoyingly. "He left!" She growled. "And that's for the better." She looked at her son. "They only hurt you, Renjun." - "No!" Renjun said and tried to push his Mum away from him.

"They are my friends. They may hurt me, but ... but only because they love me, Mum!" Renjun said, his head spinning. "Jeno and Donghyuck only fought for my attention. They both want me on their side because they can't stop fighting by themselves. They need help. They need me, Mum!" Renjun said and hit his palms on the bed.

"If I leave them because you force me to, then they will go down. They'll die, Mum." Renjun said dramatically and his Mum widened her eyes. "Huang Renjun," She said, her lips trembling, "that's not how you should speak to your mother."

"And you shouldn't treat me like that only because Junjie died!" - "Don't say his name! You know what it does to you!" But Renjun only looked at his mother and sighed. "Junjie wanted me to move on and stop hurting. He also wanted you to be happy, Mum. And I know you're happy when I am happy, so please stop hurting my friends. Please." Renjun begged, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes.

"I need them, Mum. I need them."