30: run to you

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Renjun was out of breath. But his legs kept dragging him—no, his whole existence dragged him through Gangnam's busy streets. His heart was beating hard against his chest, but he ignored it. He couldn't fall into a depression because of his silly heart right now.

Renjun was strong. Strong and determined.

The boy almost slipped when he turned into the street Donghyuck lived in. His speed remained the same until he was standing in front of the gates of Donghyuck's home. It was a huge mansion, that Renjun had visited quite often. Donghyuck had told him ways to get inside, without pressing the notorious rich people doorbell.

As if it was burned inside of Renjun's brain the Chinese walked around the corner and towards the small hole in the fence. His body fit through there right perfectly and once he stood in Donghyuck's garden he felt like he could breathe.

Taking a deep breath his feet automatically dragged him to the rose trellis on the east side of the ginormous house. He climbed up there, carefully so he wouldn't get hurt and with a thud, he finally landed on Donghyuck's balcony.

The lights to Donghyuck's room was on and Renjun could hear music blasting through the room. 

"Of course he's listening to Michael Jackson", Renjun chuckled while walking towards the balcony door. It felt good remembering everything—especially his best friend. He knocked at the window once and twice and the taller boy opened the curtains and widened his eyes, staring at Renjun's form in front of his window.

Was his mind playing tricks on him, or was Renjun really in front of his window?

The boy that was standing in front of the closed window cocked an eyebrow, quite sassily, and looked down at the door handles. "Ah, right!" Donghyuck mumbled and unlocked the balcony doors. He wanted to step aside but Renjun almost jumped into the room and engulfed his best friend in a tight and warm hug.

Donghyuck was lost. Did he remember? Was this really the Renjun he knew and grew up with? The one that saved him from the filthy girls on the playground when they were only kids?

"R-Renjun?" - "Donghyuck, I remember. I remember everything." The Chinese let out quickly and grabbed Donghyuck's round face. "I am so sorry for forgetting you. I missed you so much!" Renjun started crying, big sad tears rolling down his cheeks and Donghyuck sniffled, before bawling his eyes out as well.

Michael Jackson was singing "You Are Not Alone" while the two best friends hugged each other like they never did before. "Why did you try to overdose yourself?" Donghyuck asked, wiping Renjun's tears away. Renjun did the same with Donghyuck. "I felt pathetic I guess. Everyone was only caring for Jaemin-" Renjun's voice broke.

"Jaemin doesn't like me, right?" Renjun said, just remembering his stupid crush on his same-aged friend. "No, he's not into guys," Donghyuck said carefully, watching Renjun's reaction. "I already guessed that. Was this the reason I kissed Jeno?"

Hearing their friends name made Donghyuck start crying all over again. "Jeno's in the hospital. He also tried to kill himself. When you were still in your coma a lot happened. Sit down, I tell you everything you missed."

Renjun and Donghyuck sat down on latters bed and Donghyuck started telling him how their lives got thrown upside down when he was in a coma. He told Renjun about his now official dad and how well the adoption progress worked even though his stepdad wasn't married to his mother anymore. Donghyuck told Renjun about Jaemin, who wanted to move out of the country. And then he tried saying Jeno's name, but tears clogged his vision and he couldn't look at Renjun.

"Is he still in the hospital?" Renjun asked and Donghyuck nodded. "Yes, he is. He is going to get psychologic help." - "Can we visit him?" Donghyuck looked at Renjun and sniffled. "He doesn't want to see us. He wants to pause our friendship."

"Oh, hell no!" Renjun snapped and jumped up. Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow. "Hyuck, get dressed. We're going to pick up Nana and meet Jeno. I have a lot to tell all of you as well." He spoke and walked towards the balcony when Donghyuck cocked his eyebrow. "We can walk out the main door. Dad is not home today."