A Touch

"What is it?" Yuri asked, concern laced into his voice.

Victor's eyes wandered around as thoughts ran through his head until they eventually landed back on soft chocolate. "Nothing." He whispered, "Sorry, forget I said anything."

"I could walk away right now," Yuri replied, his hands clenched in fists around the straps of his bag, "stop lying to me. . . please."

Yuri could see the worry like shadows in Victor's eyes but he just wanted him to say whatever it was. The idea that Victor was keeping anything from him set off alarm bells in his head. At what point would it all become too much? The place was deserted, not another soul in sight. There was no chance anyone else could hear whatever it was, so why did he keep looking around?

"Promise me you won't walk away?" 

Nodding, Yuri was quickly enveloped in Victor's warm embrace. Warm hands snaked further around his back, reaching up to his neck as Victor rested his head atop of Yuri's.

"The thing is, JJ blackmailed me to resign as captain of the football team and I have."

Yuri's eyebrows furrowed. He understood that this was a big thing for Victor and that he loved to play football, but what did this have to do with their current situation?

"He caught a video of Chris touching me. . . inappropriately. . . and threatened to show you."

Victor cringed at his own wording, he hated how the words sounded on his tongue and he hated even more that Yuri was the one to hear him. Patiently, he waited for an answer that would inevitably come. His thoughts ranged from the near impossible of Yuri saying he didn't care - to the distraught face of his boyfriend who never wanted to see him again.

But in the midst of his madness, a small chuckle interrupted the whirring of his brain. Victor's arms tightened as he buried his face into Yuri's soft, raven hair.

"What's so funny?" He grumbled.

Yuri just about managed to wriggle his way out of Victor's grasp and pushed lightly at his chest to get him away. Another light giggle rippled through the air until Yuri clocked the hurt that was spread across Victor's face and in those ice eyes that had begun to crack.

"You shouldn't listen to JJ," Yuri said, trying to clear things up but Victor just showed more confusion with each word that left his mouth, "Chris touches everyone."

"I know, but he'd never done that to me before and I didn't want you to think that I'd do anything like that."

"You were dating his sister. I'm not surprised that he didn't honestly."

A sudden understanding washed over Victor and Yuri watched fondly as his face twisted away from the confusion. 

A.N. I'm sorry, I'm struggling right now to get in the zone to write with everything going on (just a little bit of writers' block; getting back to school has been intense and I hope you can understand). Either way I hope this is ok for now. I know it is pathetically short and probably terribly written but I felt bad about the last cliffhanger. 

Thank you as always for reading and I will attempt to write some more this week. Vote if you enjoyed ;)