I Care

Yuri finished getting changed, pulling on a fresh pair of jeans and an oversized hoodie over a white t-shirt. There was now another large bruise forming on his face to go with the one Sofia had gifted him a few days before. He was so tempted just to skip school, but it was just one more day before the weekend and with exams this summer...

He pulled his hood up over his head to hide the new purple, slung his backpack over his shoulder and lastly picked up Victor's scarf, before running out of the house and past the loud snoring of the drunk man.

Once he arrived at school he did the usual of sitting on the bench, waiting for clients and watching lazy rich kids mooch around. He had intended to wait until he saw Victor to give him his scarf back, he didn't need or want his charity. Victor was an ass but he didn't deserve to have Yuri getting in his way and messing things up; the last thing the small boy wanted was a constant reminder of how he'd ruined his life just by existing.

Regrettably, he didn't see Victor at all that morning until the English class they shared after break. Yuri was already sat down at his desk when the taller boy entered looking drowsy, like he hadn't slept all night. Although one thing was certain, he still looked a hell of a lot better than Yuri who dragged himself out of bed kicking and screaming this morning, throwing on the first clothes he found, and not bothering to wash his face or do anything to his hair. 

He still hadn't removed his hood from his head once even though he had been told to take it down several times and the heat was really starting to get to him. But the notion of anyone finding out about what had happened last night completely terrified him. If his father discovered that someone knew....god he didn't want to think about it.

So, throughout the lesson Yuri completely ignored the older boy and kept to himself, focusing solely on his work. Victor, on the other hand, kept stealing glances at the raven who was sat in front of him, he felt horrible about what he had said yesterday and wished above anything that he could just take everything back. Because the truth was Yuri hadn't ruined his life. Every time he would talk to the boy it would be like he had escaped his life. If only for just a second, he didn't worry about what everyone else thought, because it only mattered what Yuri thought.

He didn't know what he would say to him but he knew he needed to talk to him, apologise to him. Even if Yuri didn't forgive him he needed to know he at least tried.

When class ended Victor was the first to shoot up and sprint out of the room, accidentally bumping into half the class as he went and mumbling a string of apologies behind him. He stood and waited outside the door, convinced he had made it out of the room before Yuri and there was no way the boy could have escaped without him knowing. The stream of people continued and Victor proceeded to search eagerly for a mop of black hair amongst the crowd. Finally spotting it, he grabbed the arm of the boy it belonged to and dragged him down the hall and into an empty classroom. 

"Victor! What the hell!" The younger boy raged as he turned to face Victor. He had his back to Yuri and pushed his hand through his hair quickly before turning to face the boy and slowly walking towards him.

"Yuri I know-"

"No. I don't want to hear it!" Yuri sighed taking the scarf from his bag and placing it on a desk to his left, "I don't want to hear your excuses."

"What's this?" Victor picked up the scarf, wrapping his hands in it.

Yuri didn't reply but just turned away preparing to leave when Victor once again interrupted the piercing silence that surrounded them.

"Please," Victor begged, "just hear me out."

Yuri grudgingly returned his gaze to Victor and gave him a slight nod to continue.

"Yuri," he started, stepping closer to the boy, "I-umm...the first thing you need to know is that nothing I told you in that bathroom was true. I was upset and an idiot and lashed out at you; I'm so sorry." Yuri's expression softened a little and Victor took the opportunity to take another step forwards. "The real truth is that although my life has changed since you have come into it, it hasn't changed in a bad way...I...care about you Yuri." By this point he was only inches from the younger boy and moved his hand to his cheek, stroking it softly with his thumb.

Yuri couldn't comprehend the words just said to him, he just stood as still as a statue, unable to move as victor only moved closer until he was fully engulfed in his arms. 

"N-no," he gave Victor a soft shove on the chest and he immediately let go, "you can't do this. Why are you doing this?! Your girlfriend broke up with you yesterday! We barely know each other, you're just using me aren't you?!"

"No...Yuri-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Yuri tried to leave but Victor got to the door first and blocked it.

"Listen to me...I would never use you Yuri."

The smaller boy quickly tried to shove his way past but was intercepted by firm hands on his shoulders, he could tell victor was searching for his eyes but he wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Suddenly he felt a hand leave his shoulder and a small tugging on his hood. But it was too late. His face was fully exposed and the boy in front of him stood, shocked at the view.

"Where did that come from?" Victor mumbled out.

Yuri gave a small shrug in reply, "it's just from when Sofia hit me."

"No! that was on your jaw, this one is new!"

"Just drop it, ok!" Yuri replied, finally pushing his way past the silver-haired boy and pulling his hood back over his head as he stormed his way down the corridor.

A.N. Wow I'm sorry, I had meant to write this earlier today but I'm a terrible person and kept procrastinating 😅. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my tired 1:40 in the morning update ❤️.

I have made some subtle changes like I promised. Sorry there wasn't a new chapter out today. I went to London with some friends and didn't get back until late. Mais, c'etait tres bien!

I'll try and get a new one out tomorrow 😉.