He Was Your Friend

The day went on and after having arrived at school, Yuri left the comfort of Victor's side and made his way to his first lesson. Like most of the time, he wished he had more lessons with Victor. He found himself thinking this a lot over the past week, but it was not to be and he again found himself trying to catch a glimpse of silver hair as he rounded the corner, finding himself alone once again.

Yuri knew he had changed in the past week. In the park, he had told himself he would be fine. Just fine. However, since then he had come to know so much more and although Victor wasn't with him right at this moment he was still more than fine. The only thing that put a doubt in his mind was the constant looming fear of what would occur should he go home this evening.

Nevertheless, the day went on. At break Victor met him at his locker, his lips tasting as sweet as sugar as he greeted him. And finding it to already be lunchtime, Yuri persuaded Victor to sit outside with him as he did his usual business.

As they started down the hallways, Yuri took Victor's hand in his, their fingers intertwining and Victor's skin smooth and soft in his grip. They still got glances from people and the occasional glare. Whispers were what they heard most of the time though. Students would be crowded in groups, some Yuri recognised as Victors 'friends' as they heard the small murmurs of 'faggot' and 'fucking disgusting'. It was so fucking stereotypical of this school and Yuri sent a sad glance to Victor as they continued down the hallway.

He knew it was bad for himself, he'd always had this kind of treatment or similar but because of this, he didn't pay attention. All of it was just background noise to which he just ignored. Victor on the other hand, no matter how much he claimed it didn't bother him, Yuri would see the hopeful glances he'd send towards his 'friends' as they passed, only to be met with a scowl.

This was the hard truth and Yuri wasn't sure it really had anything to do with him being gay at all - after all Chris was openly gay and he didn't hear a word about it. He thought it was more likely due to the awful breakup he had with his girlfriend and then simultaneously getting together with the school's 'gay homework prostitute' - a nickname he didn't choose.

Eventually, they reached Yuri's bench hand in hand and slumped down onto the hard wood. Students were already beginning to turn up and Yuri was quick to pull his folder out of his bag, setting it down next to him and beginning to organise himself.

"Yuri?" Victor inquired, placing his own schoolbag down next to the bench and retrieving his lunch from within.

When Victor rose he was met with expectant eyes as Yuri continued to fiddle with paper, his gaze flicking between the two.

"What is it Victor?" Yuri asked, continuing to fiddle with his paper and sighing as he struggled to pull a few sheets out of a plastic folder whilst holding a sandwich in the other hand.

"You're busy," Victor gestured to the queue beginning to form, and began to help Yuri with the papers, "It's nothing really, we'll talk later."

With no further thought on what Victor was going to say and a queue waiting, the rest of the sandwich was shoved into Yuri's mouth and he turned to the crowd. Meanwhile, Victor sighed, leaning into Yuri before beginning on his own lunch.

The day was already getting darker, clouds forming in the sky and one by one filling up any nook or cranny that could allow even the tiniest ray of sunshine to escape the heavens.

One by one Yuri worked his way through the crowd, each student paying their due before taking there leave. Victor didn't know how Yuri managed to do all these assignments, after all, they had a date last night and Yuri spent the night at his house. It just left him to wonder if he had been doing it in lessons instead of his work. In the past Yuri had been caught in English doing science homework, he could remember it - the teacher gave him detention but was confused since the work he was doing wasn't even for any of his classes, it was for the year above.