Detention

Yuri was first to walk into the small room. The teacher sat at the front behind a cluttered desk and was slowly typing away on her computer paying the small boy no attention as he made his way to his usual seat.

Victor followed shortly after, he kept to himself and neither boy said a word to the other as they sat down.

"Ok since neither of you did your homework you can do it now and as soon as you're done you can leave." The teacher stated as she drew two sheets from her desk and placed them in front of the two boys.

Victor looked at the question and huffed: 'read the extract and explain the writers use of language to describe the atmosphere'.

Of course he tried to learn and paid attention in class but he wasn't the most academically gifted student. English was just one of those subjects to him that made no sense, because why would it matter in the future if he could explain why a writer uses juxtaposition to express a point. He just felt trapped within it all; the need to over examine and over explain everything was not something he had. Analysing something so deeply does nothing but take the joy out of it; why not just read it and enjoy the images and emotions it creates, it isn't something that needs to be expressed in words.

Yuri, on the other hand, revelled in what the teacher had just said. He had already written the essay so how hard could it be to recreate? He immediately put pen to paper and just wrote.

Ten minuted had passed and victor still sat there with an empty piece of paper, minus a few highlightings and notes but nothing at all substantial. Every now and then he would attempt to sneak a peek at how Yuri had started his essay, all he needed was a nudge in the right direction to get him going. However, every time he would lean to the side, the smaller boy would also lean blocking his view and Victor just didn't know what to do.

Yuri was just finishing up his last paragraph when he felt a tapping on his shoulder and a soft hissing in his ear. "Yuri..."

He reluctantly turned to face the silver-haired boy who gave him a soft smile, "What do you want?" He sighed.

"Just wondering what you wrote about," Victor replied, casually leaning over his blank paper so Yuri couldn't see his lack of work.

Yuri didn't give Victor the satisfaction of an answer and just turned back to complete his work so he could go home.

"Yuri?"

"Yuri?"

"Yuri?"

"Yuri?" Victor continued behind him like an annoying sibling trying to get his attention, not allowing him to focus and slowly driving him further and further up the wall until he snapped.

"What the fuck do you want Victor?!" He spun around yelling.

"MR KATSUKI! WE DO NOT USE SUCH UNATTRACTIVE WORDS IN SCHOOL!" The teacher stood up and roared across the classroom, "YOU WILL BOTH STAY HERE UNTIL FIVE, EVEN IF YOU'VE FINISHED!"

Yuri scowled at the silver-haired boy before turning back to his work. "Yuri, I'm sorry..." He heard a fragile voice whisper in his ear.

"Look, I don't want to talk to you. Just stop pestering me." He knew Victor's apology was sincere and maybe he could forgive him for ruining his day, but right at that moment anger was bubbling inside him and he couldn't find and an ounce of compassion anywhere in his body.

Then Victor murmured something else "Yuri...can you help me please?" It was barely audible and only just loud enough for the raven-haired boy in front of him to hear, although, after his last comment, he wasn't sure he wanted him to.

Instinctively Yuri began to laugh, and he turned to look at the once tall boy who was now curled in on himself, looking hurt. He immediately ceased and the anger he had held instantly melted away. "Are you serious?" He searched the other boy's eyes for the answer and immediately wished he hadn't been such a jerk all day.

Victor only confirmed what he already knew with a small nod and removed his arm from covering the blank paper. Yuri gave an apologetic smile and stood up, walking around, and taking the seat next to him.

"I'm sorry...the things I said were mean and uncalled for...So what is it you don't understand?"

A.N. Sorry, I'm not really happy with this chapter. But I wanted to push on with the story so I might come back and edit it in the future.

Thank you for reading <3