Before He Cheats

Yuri's eyes fluttered open and he slowly sat up, careful not to aggravate any of his bruises. As he looked around the room he quickly recognised it to be Victor's. He gripped the sheets beneath him and took in the familiar scent of the room.

Sunlight was still streaming in through the large windows indicating it still to be daytime. He was glad he hadn't slept through the whole day, it would have been a burden to Victor if he had taken up his bed into the night. That was one thing he didn't want.

Carefully he drew himself out of the soft sheets until his feet were firmly on the floor. He took the initiative to wander down the hallway and then down the staircase. Surely Victor would have to be there somewhere? Suddenly Yuri thought about other people being in the house, Victor's family. Quickly he rushed around, first checking the kitchen and then the living room. However, there was no sign of him or even anything to indicate he had been here recently.

With that in mind, Yuri trudged back up the stairs. If anyone were to come home he didn't want to be here or in the way of anything. He grabbed a pen from Victor's desk and then a post-it note before writing a short message.

I've gone home xxx
- Y

Yuri stuck the note right in the centre of the desk before picking his bag up from the end of Victor's bed and making his way to the front door.

+ + +

It was still cold out, especially as it was getting later in the day. Victor looked down at his watch. School would have finished by now.

When he had dropped Yuri off at his house he had picked up a jacket, but still, that barely kept the chill off his skin. He leant back further against his car and groaned in annoyance. It was all well and good standing there and waiting for JJ to pass by on his route home. However, he hadn't thought he would take this long. Normally JJ would be out of school in a flash unless he was terrorising some poor kid.

Eventually, Victor figured there was no point in standing out in the cold and got back in his car, quickly turning the heating on. He could see the little puffs of his breath in the air but they got fainter and fainter as the vehicle warmed.

Suddenly Victor heard a light tapping on the window. The glass had misted up due to the heat but he swiftly rolled it down to see a very surprised Chris looking back at him. Abruptly Victor opened the car door, jumping out of his seat and back into the near-freezing conditions.

"Hey," Chris said looking into Victor's eyes, with a smirk on his face.

"Hi Chris, it's been a while..." Victor scratched the back of his neck. Of course he was friends with Chris before, but after the whole incident with his sister, he wasn't entirely sure where he stood with him or what he should say.

"Yeah...Sofia's fine by the way," Chris interjected, "I'd say she probably got over things faster than you did."

"Well, I should hope so considering she's the one who dumped my ass." Victor half chuckled.

"From what I can see your ass is just fine," Chris smirked again before taking a step closer. He bit his lip gently, barely hesitating before running his hand up Victor's thigh and cupping his left butt cheek.

Victor's breath hitched in his throat. This was Chris and he should have known something like this would happen. Nevertheless, it didn't make it any less embarrassing. He abruptly jumped away from Chris' touch only to hear a soft chuckle from behind him. Out of nowhere he heard a loud slap and pain was sent rippling through him. His ass was left stinging.

"See, your ass is perfectly fine," Chris hummed, seemingly satisfied with what he had managed to accomplish.

Victor stood dumbfounded for a second before he got up the resolve to speak, "My ass is taken, is what it is." He folded his arms looking deadly serious as he stared into Chris' amused eyes.