Exception

The bedsheets were soft under Yuri's skin as he snuggled further into them. Although the night was cold and the open window did nothing but speed up the numbing of his toes, he didn't care, he couldn't help but let his thoughts wander back to what had happened earlier that day, and his heart raced in his chest as the memories of Victor's warm hand on his swirled in his head.

At that moment there was not a single thing Yuri believed could rid him of his high and as he heard the small vibration of his phone, his mood only got brighter.

He eagerly pulled it from the table beside him to check who the message was from. Deep down he hoped above anything it was the boy with silver hair he had tried so hard to stay away from, the boy he was supposed to go on a date with tomorrow.

Why he felt these things were however still a mystery to Yuri. The warmth he felt at the mere thought of Victor was unnatural to him. He had had friends before but he had never had feelings of this nature towards any of them, Victor was the exception. The one person he knew could make him feel both happy and sad; angry and excited; lonely and loved all at the same time. He hated him and yet he loved him. Loved the way he made him feel, the way he lost all control of his emotions when in his presence.

And as Yuri lifted his phone up to his eyes he felt everything again; happy, sad, angry, excited, lonely and loved.

He knew who the message was from.

Victor😍😘:
Hey :)

The immediate realisation of what Victor had done when inputting his name into Yuri's phone hit him like a wall and his face instantly heated up, turning a mesmerising bright red. He just thought about it for a while, his consciousness off in a daydream as he stared blankly at the device in his hand.

That was until a second buzz jolted Yuri's head out of the cloud it was so firmly planted in.

Victor😍😘:
Tomorrow, can I pick you up at 5?

He attempted to get his thoughts in some sort of order so he could at least reply with something even partially intellectual. But as he read the message for the third time he finally realised Victor wanted to pick him up meaning at his house. His mind drifted to the loud snoring that echoed throughout his small home and to the man emitting the somewhat disturbing sounds. If he knew about the date he'd surely end up doing something Yuri would regret, it would be better if Victor didn't come to his house; Yuri moved his thumbs quickly to type a reply.

Yuri:
You don't have to pick me up. Could we just meet somewhere?

Victor😍😘:
If you're sure...how about the park, under the big oak tree?

Yuri's breath hitched a little as he read the message, knowing exactly which tree Victor meant, the one which he had spent the day crying under earlier that week.

Yuri:
Ok.

Victor😍😘:
See you then x

His emotions were gone again. How Victor managed to do this to him...

The hope of being able to sleep that night drifted away from Yuri like a distant memory as he stared at the phone, at the kiss and let his feelings overtake him and suffocate him in a pure nervous excitement. And how Yuri wished the morning would come quicker, he wanted to see Victor, if only just to feel the warmth of his hand as they walked down the street one more time.

The rest of his night was dedicated to watching the moon as it passed slowly through the sky and eventually the adrenaline which had been pulsating through Yuri's system began to dissipate and the thick blanket of sleep engulfed him.