Money

Yuri sat on the small bench just outside the school building as he ate his lunch and rushed to finish the stack of homework that was due next period.

Hundreds of busy students passed the small raven-haired boy but not one made an effort to make any kind of association with him. So he stayed, wrapped up in nothing but an oversized hoodie that did nothing to shield him from the chilling winter gusts as he solved maths problem after maths problem, knowing that soon he would no longer be alone students would be crowding around him and he would happily exchange the completed homework for a couple of pounds.

Lunchtime was drawing to a close and Yuri had just finished the last of the work when the first student approached; a tall boy with black hair, piercing grey eyes and an undercut.

"Hand it over Katsuki," he roared and his girlfriend latched onto his side as she always did and gave Yuri a hard glare.

"Only if you pay up," Yuri spat back, crossing his arms and watching silently as JJ dug through his jean pockets searching for his wallet. A queue by this point had started to form behind him; thankfully he eventually pulled out two pound coins and the smaller raven held out his hand satisfied as JJ let the coins drop into it. Immediately Yuri handed him the completed sheet of paper and JJ stormed away, dragging his girlfriend behind him. "It's a pleasure doing business with you as always JJ," He called out after him and the taller teen didn't stop but replied with a small grunt.

By this point, all Yuri's actions and words were carefully calculated - to avoid him being caught or worse being bullied - he knew that if he made his transactions privately a guy like JJ would have just thrown a punch his way and waltzed off with what he needed. He also knew that the teachers patrolled the school halls so there was no point in attempting to do it inside.

Despite this, the small business Yuri had created for himself was in full swing, he would maybe get 20 people a day, so earned £40 and over a week he would earn £240, give or take. This is because Yuri Katsuki attended a private school, the kids here were rich and many of them couldn't be bothered with the work and would rather outsource it to someone like the small raven-haired boy for, what to them, was an incredibly small sum of money.

Yuri himself had no feasible amount of money other than what he earned himself. His mother was an incredibly kind woman who helped him and understood the importance of working hard, earning him a scholarship to one of the most prestigious schools in the county; or so it seemed. This was four years ago. And a year later she died in a car accident.

Yuri heard a faint ring of the school bell as he handed over the last piece of paper and shoved the last of the money into a small box he kept in his bag. He tried to push out the sounds of the world around him and sat for a minute just taking in the view of the school field, dotted with trees and a small blue bird flew overhead; how Yuri wished he could be like that bird, to fly away and not have to deal with life, with his problems.

"Get to class!" He heard a faint shout and snapped his head to look at the boney figure of a teacher leaning out of the blue door and ushering the remaining students past her and into the large brick building. "Yuri! Class! Now!" She yelled again fixing her glare on the small teen.

Reluctantly Yuri rose from his seat on the bench, slung his black backpack over his shoulder and pulled his hood over his head, thinking it could hide him, shield him from the cruel world outside; and as the glare on him hardened he skulked through the door, past the teacher and towards his maths class.

A.N. Ok first chapter finished! I have big plans for this story as I did actually take time considering the plot and what to do in each chapter before I started writing.

I hope everyone/anyone who reads this enjoys ^-^