Your Fault

Yuri slumped down in the lunch hall, pulling out his small sandwich and grateful that he can actually sit inside for the first time in a while, although after what happened yesterday its no surprise he doesn't have many clients.

The table he had sat at was empty and just as he had expected, as people filtered into the hall no one joined him. But many gave him stares and eyed his jaw, only causing him to feel more self-conscious. His hood was already pulled up trying to hide the deep purple, what else could he do?

Suddenly a scene broke out and people started yelling, the small raven-haired boy momentarily looked up from his food to witness Sofia get up and slap Victor Nikiforov around the face, though he didn't flinch.

"I HATE YOU!" she screamed for everyone to hear and Yuri sighed; such a drama queen.

"I don't understand, what did I do?" Victor's voice sounded desperate, but his face showed something very different.

"Where were you all of yesterday?" She started and Victor's eyes flicked around the room, landing on none other than Yuri Katsuki, "You were supposed to meet me here afterschool remember?"

"Huh?" He grunted, turning his attention back to the bitch and she huffed beginning to storm away. "Wait!" Victor yelled, reaching out and grabbing her hand.

"I don't know what's gotten into you lately Nikiforov, but frankly I don't like it!" Victor's face contorted and he looked genuinely concerned or maybe upset, "You're a jerk and haven't spoken to me in days. Figure out your priorities, because clearly, I'm not one of them."

She tried to escape Victor's strong grip but he didn't budge and just stood there shocked, his expression was dead, there was no other way to describe it.

Sofia ended up slapping him again and giving him a hard shove to get him off. He didn't know quite what he felt but a small tear escaped his eye and stained his pale skin. The whole room was silent, staring shocked at what had just happened and after a while Victor moved, speed walking out of the room and furiously rubbing his face with his hands.

All the while Yuri's eyes were glued to the silver-haired boy and as he left the room he rose from his seat and followed. He didn't know why...he wasn't particularly close with Victor and there were definitely other people who could comfort him better. But he followed nonetheless, like he was drawn to him or something.

Victor hastily strode into the bathroom and Yuri ran after him, ignoring the laughs and taunts from other students and bursting through the door.

He found the taller male running a cold stream from the tap and throwing it onto his face so that the younger could no longer distinguish between tears and water.

"Victor?" He slowly moved closer to the boy causing him to jump, "Are you ok?"

The taller boy sniffed and wiped his nose on his sleeve, "What do you care?" He snapped back.

"You helped me remember...yesterday," Yuri threw a grateful smile in his direction but Victor just turned his head back to the mirror and stared into his own eyes, "Its only fair I return the favour, don't you think?"

The smaller boy reached out and gently placed a hand on Victor's shoulder. His head instantly snapped to look back at Yuri but all he could think was that it was the boy's fault. If he had never met Yuri none of this would have happened. He would still be happy, he would still have a girlfriend and friends who didn't ridicule him for the kindness he had shown the raven.

Victor slapped his hand from his shoulder and shoved him away, "No..." he whispered, "you need to leave me alone Yuri."

"Like hell I do! You're the one who kept talking to me, remember?!" Yuri growled back angrily.

"AND IT WAS A MISTAKE! EVER SINCE WE STARTED TALKING MY LIFE HAS GONE DOWNHILL! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Victor screamed and tears began streaming down his face again.

"Oh...I see," Yuri's face instantly fell and his voice cracked as tears began to cloud his vision, I mean what did he expect really? Victor was the most popular kid in school, captain of the football team and the guy everyone swoons over. Of course talking to a nerdy kid like himself was a mistake.

The younger boy turned to leave and began walking.

"Yuri...I didn't mean that...I'm sorry."

"No...you're right. Talking to you was a mistake."

Then he left, tears trickling down his face.

A.N. I kind of like this chapter, I know I like angst too much. nvm.

Thank you for reading <3
Seriously, this book has over 100 views. I can't believe it.

Thinking I might do a double update today if I have time :)

Do you love me? [Victuri]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara