I See You

Yuri finished picking up the remains of the paper and shoved them back into the folder not caring about his organisation, he just needed to get out of there. People would keep stopping and stare or laugh as they passed; humans were cruel and he hated it. He just needed to leave. He needed to breathe.

As soon as he had everything back together he rammed the folder back into his locker and made straight for the exit, a tear slipping down his face as he ran. Everyone's eyes were on him. Why were they staring?! He hated people, he hated everyone. He hated himself for being like this.

"Sofia," he sighed, "Are you ok?" Victor asked, his tone mock-caring as he strode into the room.

"What do you think dumbass!" Chris shouted back, holding his crying sister in his arms as Victor slowly walked towards them. "She's your girlfriend, you should have been there to help her, support her. Not some nerdy kid."

"HEY! Yuri is your friend, I've seen you two hanging around together. Don't make him the bad guy here!"

"What are you implying? That I'm the bad person." Sofia growled through her wet face.

"Of course not!" Victor lied, god how he wished he could escape this conversation.

Then just as he turned his head to the left he saw Yuri through the open door; tears rolling down his face as he ran towards the exit.

"I-I've got to go!" He managed to stutter out before he dashed out of the classroom and after the raven.

The small boy had been running for a good ten minutes now, with Victor following behind, keeping to the shadows so he wouldn't be detected. Yuri finally stopped when he reached the park and ran into the open space, finding a tree and slumping down beneath it; finally letting out the sobs he'd tried so hard to conceal. He couldn't deal with this anymore, no matter what he did it would never be good enough, he would always end up hurting someone.

Victor stayed near the entrance, hiding behind a tree and watching from a distance. He could go over to Yuri but what would he say? He knew he was bad in these situations and if Yuri was upset by something he had caused, surely his presence would only make it worse. So he stayed by the tree, keeping his eyes glued on the smaller boy who just sat there.

The adrenaline from the run was beginning to fade and he was beginning to feel the cold, chilling him to the core. He had left his coat at school but he daren't leave, he would stay there and make sure Yuri was ok, even if he ended up as a popsicle.

And so he waited, watching over the tearful boy.

A while longer passed and it must have been lunch time by then, the younger boy had pulled both Victor's scarf and a book from his bag and was now sat calmly reading. The sobbing had mostly subsided, though every now and then Victor swore he could see a tear trickle down his face; he didn't understand why but when this happened he would feel as though his stomach was eating himself from the inside. It hurt him to see you younger boy in so much turmoil, and he wished so much that he could wrap his arms around him again and breathe in the smell of lavender. But the overwhelming fear that he would somehow make the situation worse loomed over him. But even though he seemed fine, he just couldn't bring himself to leave.

Eventually, it was what would be the end of the school day and Yuri got up, dabbing his eyes and rubbing his face a little before forcing a smile onto his lips and leaving. He would go home, and come back to school tomorrow feeling fine, just as he did the day before, and the day before that. Everyone would see the same Yuri as always, not the pathetic crybaby that ran out of the gates earlier today.

Because that's all there was to it, he would force a smile, do his school work and just be...fine.

Little did he know Victor had seen his true side.

A.N. I hope this chapter was ok ❤️. Thank you for reading, love you 😘