You're Not My Friend

Yuri took the last sheet of paper before once again standing from his usual seat on the bench and looking out over the school fields. For some reason or another, the giant open space reminded him of freedom and as he looked out he could imagine for a second that he was free, free from everything tying him down, suffocating him.

"Come on Yuri, let's go." a large hand clamped on his shoulder and he turned to face Chris' warm eyes. The smaller teen nodded as Chris led the way down the street and away from the school.

"Why'd you wait for me?" Yuri questioned suspiciously.

"Can't a guy wait for his friend?"

The raven-haired male pointed a couple of times between himself and the boy with bright green eyes staring expectantly at him, "We're not friends!"

"Oh yeah? If we're not friends what are we then?" He smirked at Yuri before stepping forward and running his fingers up his thigh.

Yuri immediately jumped at the action, his face lighting up bright crimson as he slapped Chris' hand away, "Jesus Christ Chris! I'm straight!"

"I know, I know," He replied wearing a cunning grin, "You're just too fun to tease."

Chris continued to walk with the younger male in silence and they neared the end of the long stretch of road. He could tell that Yuri didn't want to talk, he was just that type; he said what needed to be said and nothing more.

When they finally reached the turning Yuri veered left, towards the outskirts where he and his father shared a small council house; on the other hand, Chris turned right walking further into the centre of the city. This was where all the big expensive houses were, and where most students who attended his school, including Chris himself, lived the life of luxury and could want for nothing.

~

The sun rose and saw the beginning of a new day. Yuri had spent the previous evening finishing over 20 pieces of homework and now was walking to school, preparing to sit outside and hand back the pieces people wanted for first period.

He watched student after student pass him as he sat alone on his bench but not one was a client and although Yuri had sat here in the freezing cold for almost an hour, he had gained nothing more than a bad cold. So the small boy allowed his mind to wander and thought back to the days when he was happy, surrounded by friends and family who loved him, clinging to the fond memories like they were all he had; because they were all he had. These days it seemed Yuri spent most of his time thinking, living in his memories; it's a dangerous thing to get caught up in the past.

Victor stood in front of the small teen and coughed a little to signal his arrival, snapping Yuri out of whatever daze he was lost in.

"Can I...you know...?" He asked, subtly signalling towards the folder placed at Yuri's side.

"It'll be two pounds," The younger boy sighed, searching through his folder and getting Victor's homework out ready for the transaction.

Victor quickly pulled the money from his front pocket and handed it to Yuri, the both of them swapping goods and stuffing their new items into designated pockets.

"You really should go inside you know. You're shaking like a leaf."

Yuri couldn't help but giggle a little at the other boy's concern for him, it was just one of those things that never happened; people didn't care about him. He noticed Victor begin to turn away with a sad pout and he instantly felt horrible for laughing at him, because he was actually one of the kindest people Yuri had ever met.

"Victor!" He called after him and the tall boy turned back to face him, his pout still evident and showing his dissatisfaction with the current situation. "I'm sorry, it's just that I can't." Victor's face softened a little and he began to walk back towards the shivering boy.

"Then at least take this," He replied pulling off his scarf and taking the last few strides back towards Yuri whose face turned as red as a tomato as the long piece of fabric was wrapped around his neck. Victor stepped back a few paces and eyed his handiwork and satisfied he began to walk away, leaving a very confused Yuri sat on the bench alone yet again.

Yuri watched the taller male leave and he inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the scarf - Victor's smell. He snuggled into the soft fabric and waited there for the last half an hour before school would start.

A.N. I'm so sorry my writing is crap...

Thank you to everyone reading, love you guys <3