Talk

A slightly longer one to make up for the lack of update yesterday ^-^. TBH guys I'm going back to school tomorrow so updates will probably only be once or twice a week but I'll try.

Pushing open the large heavy doors and stepping back out into the harsh winter weather Yuri couldn't help but let his mind race. During last period he had thought up a number of scenarios about what could happen when he reached the large metal gate dividing the school from the outside world.

Scenario number 1: Victor would be standing there waiting for him and when Yuri arrived he would tell him how it was all a big joke and he wasn't actually interested. Making Yuri look like a fool and the whole school would stand there laughing at him, causing him to die from embarrassment.

Scenario number 2: Yuri would arrive at the gate only to discover that Victor wasn't there and had stood him up, causing him once again to die from the humiliation of the cruel trick which had been played on him.

Scenario number 3: Victor would be there waiting for him, he would confess he had feelings for Yuri. And Yuri would be so shocked and dumbfounded that he would probably have a heart attack and die.

To Yuri, none of these seemed like particularly good options but at least if something like that were to happen he wouldn't have to stick around for too long and deal with the consequences.

He steered himself around the corner of the building so that the gate was now in view and thank god, he could rule out scenario number 2 as he could clearly see that stunning silver hair poking out above the crowd of younger kids.

Slowing his pace down further Yuri reluctantly made his way over.

By the time he was halfway there, the mad afterschool rush had died down and only a few students were left, wandering carelessly away from the massive brick building. Then Victor's eyes flicked around and his gaze fixed on the younger boy, he smiled stupidly and raised his hand to wave him over. Oh great, here we go...

Yuri hesitantly allowed his lips to also twitch upwards as he came to a halt in front of the boy he couldn't stop thinking about all afternoon, but he would never admit that, not even to himself.

"Hi," Victor spoke softly.

"Hi," Yuri replied stiffly, raising his hand slightly to give Victor a wave but deciding halfway through not to, so it just ended up an awkward arm lift.

"Ummm...do you want to go to the park or something to talk?"

"I would, but I can't be out too long otherwise my dad...he has plans and I've got to get home," Yuri said, quickly avoiding Victors stare.

"Shall we walk and talk then?" He suggested.

Yuri responded with a small nod as they started down the road. He could tell he wasn't the only one who was uncomfortable with the current situation; Victor also squirmed a little as he tried to come up with what he should say, opening and closing his mouth several times in attempts to say something; anything. And to be honest, it helped Yuri fight the urge to run away, knowing that he wasn't the only one who was nervous.

"Yuri, about earlier...I really like you and..." he let out a sigh and took a deep breath as if even that was a struggle to say, "and I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out...with me...tomorrow?"

Oh god, Yuri wished he could have that heart attack right about now. He could feel Victors hopeful eyes on his, waiting for an answer. The pressure was overwhelming and he just didn't know how he felt. He couldn't deny that there was some sort of connection there but it wasn't romantic, or at least he didn't think it was...