I Am

Sunlight began to filter into the room and slowly Yuri began to stir. He felt something warm beneath him and snuggled further into it, he didn't want to get up. Getting up meant a quick cold shower, a half-assed breakfast and the worst part of his morning - seeing his father. 

So he did what any normal human being would do, he stayed in bed, hugging the pillow in an attempt to stay warm and comfortable. Well, that was until the pillow groaned and moved.

Yuri's heart almost jumped out of his chest as his eyes flicked open and he sprung up off of the bed- no, sofa. Then it all began to come back to him, he was on a date last night, with Victor. He must have fallen asleep.

"Yuri, what're you doing?" Victor mumbled as he rubbed his eyes tiredly and began to sit up, "It's like seven in the morning." 

Yuri kept his eyes glued on his moving, talking pillow and just stood there staring. Little would Victor know what panic was actually going on beneath the surface, the panic that had set in Yuri's mind like a too loud alarm bell that wouldn't stop. Yuri wondered what his father would do when he realised he hadn't been home all night, when he realised that Yuri, instead of working, had spent the night at someone else's house, and not just anyone's house, his boyfriend's house.

"I...home," Yuri finally managed to mutter. "I've got to go home," louder this time.

Victor instantly stood up moving closer and rested his hand on Yuri's cheek. "What's wrong?" he asked, a flash of worry in his eye as he looked down at Yuri.

"My dad...he'll probably be worried about me, I didn't tell him I'd be out all night," Yuri mumbled, avoiding Victors ice-blue eyes as if they were the plague and staring out the window where the sun was just beginning to rise over the roofs of houses.

He heard Victor sigh. "There's not much point in going home now, there's only an hour and a bit until school," Victor's hand reached for Yuri's chin and pried his eyes back towards him. "You can borrow some of my clothes for now, and if you want, later I can come with you and explain things to your dad."

Victor's eyes were beautiful as ever, and maybe that's why it took Yuri longer than usual to comprehend what Victor had just said but eventually he shook his head slowly, "No, it's fine...probably better if I talk to him myself."

"Only if you're sure," Victor said, wrapping his arms around Yuri's shoulders and pulling him in for a tight hug.

"I am."

The second those two words left Yuri's mouth he felt guilt overtake him, not only had he lied to the one person who he cared about in this unforgiving world but he had also just confirmed his fate. Victor being Victor would walk him home after school and leave him at his house, clueless to all that would happen the second he stepped inside. 

And yet he accepted his hug, his love. Taking deep breaths of Victor's scent he allowed the thoughts to drain from his head. He was with Victor now and he would enjoy it, live in the moment and not worry about the consequences later.

And when Victor pulled away from the hug all he saw was a smile and bright eyes.

"How about a shower and I'll make some breakfast?" Victor grinned. "What do you fancy?"

Yuri wondered if Victor was being genuinely serious, a shower and breakfast. He didn't even really know what passed as a breakfast food other than cereal, "I- Yes, that'd be amazing, I'll just have whatever you're having."

Victor nodded and took Yuri's hand in his, beginning to lead him up the stairs and then into his bedroom. Yuri was awestruck as he looked around the room. He had honestly never thought anyone could possibly have a room that big. The walls painted eggshell blue and littered with posters of different bands and athletes, presumably football players Victor looked up to. 

Slowly he walked to the centre of the room, trying to take in all the little details that may hint to something in Victor's life. 

Victor, however, didn't even glance around the room and hurried over to his chest of drawers, pulling open a couple and taking out clothes of various colours then laying them down on the bed. "Hopefully some of these will fit, you can choose whatever you want," He said smiling before turning his gaze to a door on the opposite side of the room, "My bathroom's just in there," He raised an arm to point and Yuri nodded, "if you need anything else, just give me a shout, I'll be downstairs."

"Ok," Yuri grinned, already excited for the prospect of a warm shower that lasted more than a minute. Victor turned to leave but Yuri grabbed his hand, spinning him back around and placing a soft kiss on his lips, "Thank you."

And then Yuri made my way across his room and towards the bathroom door. 

A.N. Look at me! Finally got a chapter out! 

Love you guys <3