Ice Cream

Victor pulled a chair out sitting opposite his mother and Yuri quickly took the seat next to him. The two had spent the last hour or so just messing around in Victor's room. After a good half-hour of chatting, cuddling and making out, Victor had put on a film to watch and they had settled down next to each other. But after only twenty minutes they had both become distracted again. It started out subtly, with a few discrete brushes here and there, but as the film continued they edged closer and closer together. They shared a few sweet kisses at around fifteen minutes in, but it quickly escalated and when they were called for dinner it was all one big rush to smooth down their hair and clothes, though there was nothing they could do about their equally distressed lips.

"So did you enjoy doing your schoolwork? Did you get it done?" Mary asked with a knowing glance at both Victor and Yuri as she picked up her fork.

Victor who had picked up his glass of water to take a sip burst out coughing and poor oblivious Yuri next to him just rubbed his back asking if he was ok. Victor nodded quickly, placing the glass down and holding a hand to his mouth to catch the occasional coughs as he tried desperately to get air back into his lungs.

"I-I'm fine," he rasped.

The concerned look didn't leave Yuri's eyes but he dropped his hand from Victor's back. Once Victor had pulled himself together he looked up at his mother who was sat, her elbow on the table, propping up her head.

"Yes," Victor hissed across the table, "we got out schoolwork done."

Mary hummed in reply before picking up her fork and digging into the meal. Yuri noticed this and looked to Victor for confirmation before picking up his own fork and stabbing a piece of chicken. It was delicious. He doubted that this was how Victor ate every night, but still, to have a parent that would actually cook such a meal was, to Yuri, incredible.

"Thank you for having me over," Yuri smiled between mouthfuls, "this food is amazing."

"Oh, it's my pleasure," Mary said, glancing at Victor with a wide smile as if to say 'He's so polite!'

Victor grinned in recognition.

"So Yuri, are you in many of Victor's classes?" Mary asked.

Yuri quickly swallowed the mouthful he was eating before he opened his mouth to speak, "No actually, we only have English together."

"He's too clever for me," Victor added causing Yuri's face to light up crimson. He could tell Victor was really trying hard to show him off to his mother, but it was really quite embarrassing for him.

"It's not like that...we only take two of the same subjects," Yuri mumbled.

"He got into the school with one-hundred per cent scholarship," Victor added.

"So are you already thinking about universities for a couple of years time?"

Yuri nodded, "Yeah, I don't really know exactly where I want to go yet or even if I'll be able to go but I've thought about maybe applying to places like Oxford or Cambridge."

Mary's eyes went wide and out of the corner of his eye, he could see Victor's lips curl into a proud and knowing smile.

"So your grades at the moment must be really good if you're looking at Oxbridge." Mary inputted as if informing herself instead of everyone else at the table.

"He's a straight-A student," Victor hummed in delight.

"Well maybe you could teach Victor here a thing or two," Mary said, sending a slight-glare towards her son, knowing full well that he would be lucky to get higher than a C in anything that wasn't sport related.