Every Word...

Victor gripped the scarf tightly as he watched the boy walk away. He had absolutely no clue what to do, Yuri was clearly hurting but what was there to do? He obviously didn't want Victor involved and the rejection stung. He felt as if his heart had been ripped from his chest.

But that wasn't what was important now, something was going on. Yuri had lied to him about the bruise. And Victor wanted more than anything just to be there for Yuri and help him, if that meant just being his friend so be it, even if he wanted more.

The next lesson passed so slowly for the silver-haired boy as he sat at his desk, fiddling with pencils and gazing out the window in a daydream. He thought hard about what he would do when he saw Yuri at lunch. He needed to find a way to show his commitment, show that he would be there for him, whatever he needed.

But how? That was the real question. Would Yuri even listen to him if he tried to talk to him? Victor shook his head slightly ridding himself of the thought.

A moment later the bell rang, the whole class immediately jumped from their seats, shoving their things into their bags and rushing out of the room. Victor hurriedly did the same and walked the crowded corridors to where he knew Yuri would be, where he always was. Sitting on the bench just outside the building, the one that looks out over the field, where every day the raven-haired boy could catch a small glimpse of freedom.

As victor pushed the heavy door of the school open and turned the corner he was horrified by the sight in front of him...

Yuri, pinned against the wall by a very angry looking JJ.

"What you think you can just break my nose and get away with it? Huh, Katsugay?" JJ spat. Yuri was struggling and thrashing against JJ's unyielding arm that was pushing hard against his neck, partially blocking his airway.

Victor ran as fast as he could up to JJ and pushed him off, standing between the two parties involved.

"What the fuck Nikiforov?!"

"Couldn't you see you were strangling him?!" Victor raged, pointing to the boy behind him, crumpled on the floor and coughing violently.

"Yeah! That was the point!" The boy with the undercut yelled, "Now move!"

"No," Victor stated calmly.

"Why the fuck not?! Is he your boyfriend or something?" Victor gulped hard and JJ gave off a knowing smirk, "I didn't realise you swung that way."

Victor turned to look at the pale boy staring up at him with glassy eyes, "No...he's not my boyfriend."

"Oohhh, you hear that Katsugay...rejected!" He burst out laughing.

Victor had had enough, he couldn't believe he actually kind of used to be friends with this dipshit, "I think you should leave JJ," he stepped closer, trying to intimidate him.

"And what if I don't want to?" JJ stepped up, matching his glare.

Victor barely had to lift a finger and just moved his leg, kneeing JJ right where it hurts, sending him scurrying away, hissing in pain. Serves him right!

With that situation sorted Victor turned back to Yuri, crouching down beside him, "God Yuri, are you ok?"

The younger boy's coughing fit had finally subsided and he gave Victor a slight nod.

"Why do I always seem to find you in these situations?" he sighed, brushing Yuri's black hair from his eyes and finally getting a good look at the bruise on his cheek.

He felt so sorry for the poor boy and took the opportunity to pry his hand away from his neck to reveal the damage. It was red and a bit bruised but hopefully nothing too serious.

"Victor...can I ask you something?" He croaked, before gasping and erupting into another fit of coughing.

"Yes, of course," Victor replied softly, rubbing circles into the boys back in an attempt to soothe him.

Yuri finally regained his composure and tried to speak again, "Wh-what you said earlier about you know...caring. Did you really mean it?"

"Every word..." Victor returned, feeling a small glimmer of hope...maybe Yuri did feel the same? He flicked his gaze between the smaller teens eyes and his lips. Could he do this? Would Yuri hate him if he did? Being his friend was enough...right?

Without a second of warning for the raven, Victor moved his hands to Yuri's face, careful not to put any pressure on his purple bruises and leaned in, crashing their lips together.

A.N. I'm so sorry this took so long!!! I hope you guys all enjoyed! ❤️

Bad News: Christmas holiday is almost over so I probably won't be able to update as much. 😢

Good News: 😣...sorry still trying to work out what to say for this one.

Also is the new cover ok? I tried 😅