Chapter 35: Her

Third person's POV

Hicca felt numb. She couldn't particularly feel anything but she could feel coldness. It was everywhere. Seeping into her skin and into the bones.

A humming sound seem to come from no where and everywhere at the same time. It echoed in her mind. She felt like she knew of this particular tune but couldn't place it. She knew of it though.

Images started to blur together. She saw a woman. She was beautiful. She had brown hair pulled back out of her face and her green eyes shined with happiness. Hicca seemed to know this woman but couldn't fathom from where.

Her eyes widened when she saw her father kissed the woman on the cheek. Now she knew who this woman was.

It was her mother!

To prove her point she began to hum the tune again. That's how hicca knew the tune. Their mother use to hum it to them and she would hum it to her brother. She then saw different aspects of her growing up.

Her and her brother's first time entering the forge at four. Her crazy aunt, Vallhallarama and grand father Old Wrinkly when they would visit. She remembered one particular memory of her aunt with her crazy shenanigans since they were always travelling.

Her aunt was teaching her of all the weapons there was. One time she was teaching them how to hide them. Her aunt was a bit smaller than her father but was still a little huge for the average size of a viking woman since she was a great warrior and Viking. One of the best in the tribe.

"Hicca, honey, just stick it down there" her aunt said.

Five year old Hicca gave her aunt an incredulous look as she held the giant sword in her hand. "But aunty, I don't have boobs to stick it into my shirt and this sword is to large! I'll hurt myself!"

Valhallarama laughed at her niece. "When you get older, dear, I'm sure it would fit! I'm just teaching you the basics"

Instead Valhallaramma gave her a small dagger. "Use this instead Hicca. It is more your size" she said grinning to which Hicca returned

Then one with her grandfather. She was crying and had ran to one of the ledges of Berk. Her grandfather was there.

"What is the matter, my dear Hicca?" Asked Old Wrinkly.

"I want to be big and strong to kill dragons like dad or I won't be a viking" 7 year old Hicca sobbed and then she gestured to herself. "But everyone thinks I'm too small and weak."

Old Wrinkly frowned and shook his head.

"Just because you are small does not mean you are weak" he said.

"But Snotlout says you have to be big and strong"

Old Wrinkly smiled at Hicca. He gently held her small arm where her biceps were. "What you don't have here, you have here" he said and pointed to her head and then to her heart. "And here. A strong mind and a big heart."

Hicca wiped her tears as old wrinkly gestured to her small body. "You do not need to be different Hicca, you are fine all the same. You and your brother will lead this tribe to a great future" he said. Hicca smiled broadly.

Then when she was nine years old and the fire happened.

Then when she was thirteen, she remembered talking to Fishlegs. And Snotlout happened. He teased the both of them. Fishlegs became distant and treated Hicca and hiccup different. Hicca had actually liked Fishlegs.

Fishlegs and Hicca laughed as they read the book until it was knocked out of their hands. Snotlout laughed at the two of them while Hicca glared. She was tired of her cousin's antics.