Chapter 26: The Nest

Toothless' P.O.V

Hicca called me amazing and my heart sped up. I mean Astrid did it too but that meant nothing to me. She doesn't have a choice, her life is in my hands....umm....paws anyway. But Hicca, she is the one who's amazing, not me. I did nothing to earn that title.

Her and her brother are the amazing ones. They have done so much for me and i truly appreciate it. Hicca just is truly special. Everything she does is just....wow. I guess this is what hiccup calls a crush.

She is just the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Inside and out. I need to get these thoughts out of my mind. She could never be mine. A dragon and human cannot mix. The cannot be together.

They can-

'Foooodd'   My eyes widened at that dreadful sound. One I did not ever want to hear again. 'Food my minions, I am hungry'

The whisper was too loud and it took over my mind, controlled my body and I dove down. Further into a fog that I should have never entered.

"Toothless, what's wrong?" Hicca ask.

I was reckless and should've played more attention. Damn these stupid thoughts. Now we are in trouble. So much trouble. I couldn't bring myself to answer her. It was too much in this state. I couldn't fight it as it encased my mind and body. My actions were not my own.

My eyes turned to slits, my ears rose alert and I focused on my surroundings. We flew quickly through the clouds. We were surrounded. I couldn't see them yet but my senses picked them up.

A monstrous nightmare flew closer to me and we barely collided and he growled at me but stopped when he saw who it was. His eyes widened but i ignored him. He wasn't important right now.

"Get down" Hiccup hissed. Or was it Hicca? I couldn't be sure as I could still feel her presence in my head.

Then the rest of dragons came out. Nadders, Grounckles, Zipplebacks, Rocket Rippers, you name it. They were all there with some king of food in their claws. Fish, sheep, horse. But I had the worse. Humans.

"What's going on?" The girl said and Hiccup said he didn't know but their voices were blurred to me. "Toothless, we need to leave bud" Hicca said softly as she placed her hand on my head but i shook it off.

I didn't mean it. I really didn't but everything was going wrong. I knew I had to leave but i couldn't. My body wouldn't allow me to. Her voice was in my head whispering. I couldn't drown it out.

'Foood. '

We had entered the nest now. There were thousands of dragons in here. A few hundred less than the last time I had been here. A result of the anger of my so-called 'mother'.  We landed on a ledge behind a pillar. I didn't want to be spotted but that didn't go so well.

Dragons close to me recognised me and their eyes widened. Some bowed and I gave them a glare. "What's happening?" Said the girl and Hicca answered her. "Oh no. They recognise him"

"Open your mouths and I kill you" I sneered with a deadly glare from my slitted eyes.They nodded and said nothing as they continued to drop the food in her pit.

"Well, it's satisfying to know that all of our food is being dumped in a hole." Hiccup said.

"They're not eating any of it"

I could hear the rumblings coming from the pit. My eyes snapped to a gronckle who flew over the pit. He scratched behind his ear and then regurgitated a piece of fish. That is definately going to piss her off.