Chapter 22: The chief is back

It was early morning and everyone gathered down by the harbour. Ships rolled in, well, remains of ships anyway. From being burnt to wholes in the sides, fire blasts, bite marks, tears and scratches, you can tell that it wasn't pretty. One boat was even missing. Luckily no one was lost.

It slowly came in and they tied it down so it wouldn't drift. A piece of wood was lasted down from the harbour to the boat. Everyone's faces glum and disappointed. Gobber helped Stoick out of the boat.

"Well I trust you found da nest?" Asked Gobber.

"Not even close" came his reply as the two walked away. Gobber had to hop to catch up to the chief's pace.

"Hope you had more success than me" Stoick said. Gobber took Stoick's basket and held it under his arm.

"Well by success, you mean your parenting troubles are over then......yes" Gobber said shrugging

Stoick stopped looking at his friend confused. But they looked to Gurga who was running towards them.

"Congratulations Stoick! Everyone is so relieved" she said happily and then went to help the others.

"Out with the old and in with the new, I always said" Continues Dogsbreath

"No one'll miss those old nuisances"

"The village is throwing a party to celebrate!"

A heart broken look crosses Stoick's face. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He hoped what he was thinking wasn't true.

"They're gone?" He asked hoping to Odin it wasn't so.

"Yeah, most afternoons" came Gobber's cryptic reply and Stoick relaxed. "I mean who can blame them? The life of a celebrity is very rough-They can bearly walk through the village without being swarmed by their new fans"

Now Stoick really couldn't believe what he was hearing. Celebrity? Fans?

"Hiccup and Hicca?" He asked just to make sure.

"Who would've thought? They have this way with the beasts" Gobber said

Stoick's eyes widened and hoped filled him. His children were excelling in the ring. Hiccup and Hicca were now taking over.

'Finally!'

***************

"These are the main positions we've concluded on." Hiccup said as he handed me the little sheet he did yesterday.

On it, tail positions, numbers and little notes were on it. I studied each carefully. 'This could actually work! '

I got out our Project Nerezzi book and began writing each one.

"Did you fix the harness?" I asked as I looked at the tools that we had brought yesterday on the grass. Toothless was still sleeping.

"Yes, it just needs a little more tweaking" came my answer. I nodded. We had woken up half an hour before and were setting things up. We felt it was time to actually try to fly. Like fly-fly. We both agreed that we would both go but Hiccup will be guiding Toothless.

I glanced above my shoulder when I heard Toothless yawn.

"Hey there sleepy head" called Hiccup. I turned around with my hands on my hips. Toothless yawned again in reply.

"Well if that's how you wanna be. I guess we won't be flying today " Hiccup taunted. Needless to say, that was all that was needed to be said. We were ready in ten minutes. Hiccup climbed onto the saddle and I climbed behind him.