Chapter 34: It can't be

My heart dropped and so many emotions started to flow through my body numbing the pain. My heart sped up out of fear.

'It can't be, she can't be gone!'

My heart beat wildly in my chest so much that it brought pain. Everything seemed to hurt even worse. My chest closed up that it felt like i couldn't breathe. My electric green eyes stared at the girl I liked. Like was too weak of a word compared to what I was feeling.

No, I loved her.

And I was not afraid to admit it anymore. I couldn't hide it. Even if I broke the rules.

I loved Hicca and now she was gone. Stoick and the man Gobber stopped everything. Stoick carefully handed the unconscious Hiccup to him while he dealt with his daughter not that he could've moved him far. The two siblings were holding hands.

I knew how much the siblings meant to each other but I wasn't sure they knew what they meant to me. Stoick looked utterly crest fallen as he stared at his youngest child.

I tried to get up. I had to do something!

She was not leaving me like this. Not if I can help it.

My muscles ached and protested sending a wave of dizziness throughout me. That didn't stop me though. I don't think anything could at this point. As I got up Stoick and Gobber watched as I walked closer to them.

"Can I?"

My voice echoed in their minds. Gobber's mouth dropped down as he stared in utter shock.

Their minds were in a state of vulnerability so connection was easier.

"We could talk about this at a better time" I said. "Hicca needs help"

Stoick, nodded but held a twinge of caution in his eyes.

To this motion, Gobber's mouth dropped even more to the fact that Stoick willingly allowed me to his daughter.

I looked down at Hicca. She had a large scratch on her forehead and her skin looked fairly pale but still, Frigg knew what she was doing. Hicca was the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

I blew a puff of air on her face then laid my forehead on hers which was losing heat.

I hoped this work. Everybody knew a dragon can mess with the head of the human. They could make them hallucinate or scramble their poor brains. Only a dragon of high status could do this but I prayed to the gods that what I was going to do worked.

My father wasn't just a mere alpha. He was King. King of the night furies and other dragons who came under his rule on his land.

I've seen my father do it. He had saved one of our pack mates. When I asked him how he did it, he told me. I remembered it.

He had laid his head on the pack mate's. I remember seeing slight electricity come off of him as he did this.

"You have to want to save them son. Just pour all your feelings into it. Even memories of you can. As King you have to care about all your subjects. Use those feelings"