Chapter 29: You aren't my children

The whole crowd went silent but watched intently none the less. They couldn't do anything. The heir to the village was inside the ring with two deadly dragons. A monstrous nightmare and a night fury!

Parents pushed their children behind them in fear of the great dragon. This was some of their first times seeing the offspring of life and death itself. They heard the stories and some witnessed first-hand of its ferociousness when it destroyed their catapults. But they never saw it.

Vikings gripped their weapons as they waited for an opening. They couldn't risk further endangering their heir. Yes, he might be weird and........different but he was still their future heir. If he dies then they would have to suffer with Snotlout and that was not an option until the chief decides he wants Snotlout which they hoped he didn't.

Yes, he may be more vikingly than Hiccup and Hicca but he would surely kill them all in less than a day. That's why some hoped the Haddock twins would change and some accepted that they were to......lead them.

Even so, hiccup was the son of the chief and they would hate to experience the wrath of the chief. He had already lost his wife, they couldn't bear for him to lose his children. So they waited. Besides, they wanted to see how this would play out.

********

Hiccup's p.o.v

I felt the claw of the nightmare release me and I rolled out of the way. I scooted back as I could see two shadows fighting amongst the smoke. It slowly cleared and I saw toothless pushed the nightmare off of him and stood in front of me.

I looked towards the entrance and saw that Dad, Astrid and my sister were okay and I felt better.

"Hiccup are you okay?" Toothless asked. I replied with a yes as He turned his full attention to the nightmare and he growled. The nightmare eyes widened but then he glared.

"Move aside prince" He said the last word with venom.

"Stand down Aedus" toothless growled lowly.

"You have no business here!"

"This boy and the girl are my friends which makes them my business, especially the girl. Touch them and I will kill you!" Toothless voice was low and intimidating. The nightmares eyes widened and he backed down and went back to his cage but he turned and looked back. Not at me, not at Toothless but at Hicca. Who was watching with fear in her eyes at the whole thing.

Something registered. 'Oh my Odin, toothless likes Hicca!'

Toothless then came to me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I looked up as the villagers started to jump down into the ring and circle us.

"Yes bud, but you need to leave. You gotta go" I said as I tried pushing him away. His eyes then turned to the Vikings.

"Get that thing!"

"Take it alive!"

I saw Toothless looking towards the entrance as he was looking straight at Hicca who was looking back with wide eyes. Dad then pushed her and Astrid further behind him as he picked up the axe that we had used earlier from off the ground as started running towards us.

"Stoick, no!" Astrid shouted.

I pushed harder but he wouldn't budge. "Toothless go!"

But then someone grabbed my arm but toothless' tail pushed him away and someone from the right with his wing. Dad was getting closer and toothless readied himself to pounce. I ran forward and so did Hicca but Astrid held back Hicca and a Viking held me back.

You Just Gestured To All Of Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें