Chapter: 19 Astrid in the forge

The sun had just started to peak from the horizon and I was already walking towards the forge. I pulled my furr jacket a little closer as a chilly breeze made little goosebumps grace my skin. I yawned and wiped my eyes of the tiredness.

'You would think that doing this for fifteen years I'd be use to it.'

I had left Hiccup asleep back at home. I knew he was tired so I thought he would like extra time to sleep. I walked in to the forge and Gobber was there

Walking in, I took off my jacket to put on my apron and immediately started pulling on the huge bellow to heat the flame to melt the metal.

I got the handlers and took out the cup with the molten metal and poured it onto the boulder with an unmade sword in. Gobber lifted it, grunting a little at the weight as he carried it over to the table. Believe me, nothing in here is light as a feather.

"Ah, don't take it to heart kid" Gobber said as he split the boulder and steam immediately rose. Inside was the cut out of a sword with molten metal.

"It's your job to be tough-"

"I'm not everyone!" I cut him off looking for the tweezers to pick up the half made sword. I sighed. "But that doesn't matter"

I gave the tweezers to Gobber and ran to the table to clear it bearly moving as he dropped the sword.

"He's disappointed with us. He wasn't looking to have a daughter and he has a son who doesn't fit the standards in his eyes. That is what he thinks of us" I said

Gobber raised his prosthetic hand to the side and I took off his hook and replaced it with his hammer. "Have ya told em that?" He asked and I gave him a pointed look.

"Have I ever been given the chance? The man doesn't listen, like at all" I said. Gobber then pounded the sword and I rotated it, each time Gobber hit the sword. We continued this until the sword was ready.

"And whenever we talk, it's a shouting contest."

"No kidding, did you see how well the talk before he left went?" Came a new voice. I turned to see my brother walking in. He too exchanged his coat for his apron. The sun had risen now and people were up and walking. Gobber had stopped pounding but I took up a hammer and continued.

" Morning hiccup" Gobber said and my brother nodded back as he went into the back.

"Know one like us. Always gesturing to all of us and telling us to stop." I pretend to imitate someone's voice and raised my hand outlining someone. "You need to stop all of...this"

"It's the Viking way and then there is y'all way and your way makes grown folks uncomfortable" Gobber said pointing at me and at the back by Hiccup.

'How?!'

I rolled my eyes. " Speaking of uncomfortable, I'd like a new conversation" I said

'Tell me about it' I heard my brother think

"Alright, how's it going with the boys" he said and I nearly hit my finger.

I glared at Gobber as I heard my twin snicker. "Really Gobber?" I asked as I turned in the direction of the back room. "Shut up Hiccup!"

"You and Fishlegs made up yet and Hiccup, your crush on Astrid isn't so secret either." I stiffened at Fishlegs' name and a CLANK was heard from the backroom and silent curses.

Hiccup walked  out with a scowl on his face. "Oh please Astrid wouldn't come near me if she was on fire and I had  the only bucket of water in the village."

I was glad to get the topic off of fishlegs.

"Hey!" A female voice said.

All heads turned to the entrance and there stood the topic of conversation.

Not Fishlegs! Haha!

Astrid sauntered in the forge with her axe on her shoulders. "Can I get this sharpened?"

"Astrid, hi astrid, hello there" my brother said as he rubbed his hands and a slight blush appeared o  his cheeks.

Astrid picked up her axe and threw it, making it land right in the wooden bench. Everyone watched it.

'Oh sure. Throw your axe why don't you. Don't care who it hits, huh?'

"Sure Astrid. I'll let my manly apprentice do it for you" Gobber spoke up as he nudged hiccup forward and I silently giggled. "He'll service all of your needs"

"Yeah, um we got tah, um, go" I said leaving the two of them alone. Gobber and I high-fived. He went out of the forge while I only went into the back room.

Ok, razor sharp battle axe coming right up" Hiccup said and I giggled. I got some leather and strings. It wasn't much and I began cutting small holes inside of it and put the string through.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door and I heard hiccup in my thoughts.

'Hicca, the back room!"

"Wait! Dont go in there!" Hiccup shouted

I quickly got up and walked towards the door just as she pushed the door I stood in her way. Her eyes met mine and we had our personal little stare off.

She then looked behind me. "What's in here?" She asked

"Our stuff" I said hoping to pass on the hint that it was nothing for her. She looked at a drawing above my head.

"The mutilater?"

'Hicca can you keep her busy?'

'Why?' I asked. I wasn't epreally in the mood to deal with Astrid.

'I broke her axe'

My eyes widened. Wasn't he suppose to be fixing it?

"What does it do?" Astrid's voice brought me to reality.

I remember that. We had designed it before we met toothless. I didn't really wanna talk about our pass stuff. We need to get rid of those.

"Umm, it uses twin power levers to launch criss-crossing blades in four different directions" i said my face scrunching up in disgust. We really need to get rid of these things.

"How do you hold it?" Astrid asked looking at the design.

"You dont" I said. She nodded and walked back out and I shut the door sighing. I went back to making riding gear.

'Where was I?'

I got the needle and thread and I stitched it up until I was done. I raised it up to look at the finishing look and nodded in approval.

There instead of putting the leather to our belts we could just hook it up on the riding gear. I grinned.

(AN-this was like the deleted scene of the forge from the first movie)

24 March 2018
Edited:2019.07.27