Chapter 9: Talking to Toothless

I jumped awake which led to me falling straight to the ground on my face. OW!

I look out the window to see that pink and purple colours were starting to fill the sky signalling dawn.

That really hurt. I looked over at my brother who was just sleeping on his bed peacefully....well....not for long. Mwwwuuaaahhhhhh.

As Hicca Haddock, fifteen year old expert dragon hunter of the Hooligan Tribe, sneaks up on the mighty beast hoping to kill it in its sleep.

Why you ask?

Better to catch it off guard.

I slowly crawled over to Hiccup's bed and peeped over the edge. As if sensing me looking at him, he turned onto his side, backing me. I huffed. Rude

It's called the Hiccup dragon. Nasty little quitter. It may seem small but its sarcasm is deadly.

I poke my brother. He doesn't move.

But anyway, Hicca pokes the beast, it doesn't stir and there's no way to get to it. She has to get a running start.

I smirked.

I went a little further from the bed and into a slight running position.

1

2

2 and a half

3!

I took off running and jumped onto my brother as we rolled out of the bed and hit the ground with a thud.

He screamed a little and sat up panting while I laid on the ground.

"Annndd the great, dragon expert Hicca Haddock conquers the beast, haha!" I said outloud while trying to regain my breath.

Hiccup looked at me."you couldn't have let me sleep in?"

"Well....." I faked thought. "I mean I could've but where was the fun in that?"

Hiccup sighed and begrudgingly got up and headed downstairs not before muttering words of his revenge. I giggled and followed after my brother.

He was sitting at the table eating a sandwich and when he saw me he scowled. I shrugged as I went to make my own sandwich. This was normal. We did it all the time. He probably was having a lovely dream and I ruined it. Oops.

I sat at the table and bit into my sandwich. Hiccup glared at me. I starred at him. "What?" I asked.

"I was having a lovely dream and you ruined it" he whined.

I fake pouted. "Oh, poor Hiccup. Did you and Astrid get married again?" I asked. Normally that would be the case where he would somehow get  together with Astrid and be accepted as a true Viking.

"Yup. We were getting accepted as chief and chieftess and we were together. You were there to and you had a boyfriend" he said.

"Did I now?" I asked my mouth filled with the bread and fish.

He nodded. "Anyway, since we don't have training today or tomorrow, what do you want to do?" Hiccup asked.

"I trust you"

The low masculine voice had crossed my mind. My eyes widened slightly remembering the incident that happened yesterday. Now that I look back to it after a night's rest, it could've just been a figment of our imagination.

'Yeah! We have been working hard lately. Maybe all we needed was rest!'

'But...I want to be sure'