Chapter 25: Astrid's flight

I giggled sadly but we both jumped as we heard the sound of stone against metal.  Something we were accustomed to hearing and we both turned around.

We both gasped and stumbled back at who was sitting on a rock with a very sharp axe in her hand.

"Ahh, A-Astrid, hi Astrid. Hmmmm what a-are you doing h-here?" Hiccup said as he pushed me behind him and tried to act natural. Well as natural as possible which wasn't natural.

"I wanna know what's going on" she said as she hopped off the rock and stalked towards us. "Nobody gets as good as you two. Especially you two. Start talking"

'Oh my Thor, Astrid is jealous. Of us!'

'Not the time!'

"We um, we-" Hiccup tried to talk.

"Are you training with someone?" She asked

"Wha-training, no" I said trying to sound believeble. 'Wait, wouldn't saying yes would've worked?'

I couldn't dwell on that thought because Astrid then roughly grabbed my brother's riding harness and glared. "It better not involve this." She said. Hiccup raised his hands in surrender and I walked forward and pulled her hand off of my brother.

Hiccup now free looked at both of us in worry. "Look we can explain" I said really brainstorming trying to think of an excuse.

Astrid then pulled her hand out of mine and threw me to the ground. Hiccup came to my side and Astrid walked forward a bit staring in the distance with her axe raised slightly. She was staring in the direction of the cave.

'Guys?'

'Stay where you are bud' Hiccup said as we scrambled up and ran in front of Astrid.

"Ah, you're right, you're right. I'm through with the lies." I said and Hiccup glanced at me in confusion. Astrid was trying to look over our shoulders but i put her hand on my riding gear.

'Her skin is so soft, what does she use?!'

'Again, not the time!'

'What is she doing?'

"S-see, I've been m-making outfits!" I smiled convincingly. Well at least I hoped. Hiccup following along smiled too and shook his head yes.

"You got her. She's b-been trying to k-keep it a secret" he said

"But I guess it's time everyone knew. Drag me back, take me home-"

Astrid scowled and grunted in irritation and pulled my hand back painfully. I yelped in pain as I fell to the ground clutching my wrist. I wouldn't be surprised if it was broken from the bones I heard cracking.

'Hicca?' Toothless was worried and I panicked. Hiccup glared at Astrid. "Why would you you do THAT?" He exclaimed angrily.

She then hit his face with a loud SMACK! Hiccup's eyes widened in surprise and anger rushed though me.

"That's for the lies" she said. She then dropped the end of her axe on my stomach.

"And that, is for everything else" she said.

My eyes widened when we all heard a growl. I couldn't move to do anything because I looked to see toothless coming at us with great speed.

Astrid's eyes widened and she pushed Hiccup to the ground and quickly got up with her axe. I stood there watching in shock.

"Let him go!"

"Run, RUN!" she exclaimed getting ready to hit toothless with her axe.

"No!" Hiccup pushed her axe out of the way as toothless jumped in front of me protectively while Hiccup stood in front of us trying to keep toothless from eating Astrid. The pain in my hand had died down and I got up. Slowly walking to toothless' side I saw that Astrid looked at us in disbelief and slowly got up off the ground.