Chapter 24: Oh No!

It's been two days since our dad came to talk to us. I hadn't taken off the necklace ever since. I would find myself playing with it too. It was really beautiful. To think that dad gave it to mom. To be honest it felt like she was here with me.

Hiccup too. I mean he hasn't really touched it because it was mom's breast plate but you could see him looking at it.

Yesterday we managed to sneak off and I showed it to Toothless. I wouldn't take it off though and Toothless completely understood. We were on our way to see him again and as we were about to enter the cove we stopped.

It was the boy from that day. "Hey!" My brother shouted which alerted the boy and he abruptly looked up. His green eyes widened as he saw us and he took a step back looking ready to bolt.

"Who are you?" Hiccup asked. I looked around. If this boy was here then........where was toothless?  I gasped and tried to contact toothless but no answer.

I immediately walked up to the boy and pointed his chest as I glared at him. "Where's Toothless? Where is the dragon?"

The boy said nothing as he stared down at me in surprise. He was a little taller than us but not by much.

I saw Hiccup from the corner of my eyes look around the cove and then went to look into a cave at the side of the cove where Toothless sometimes go.

"He isn't there." Said the mysterious boy in a very familiar voice.

"And why not?" Asked my brother. I narrowed my eyes at the boy as he looked at my brother.

"Why do you sound like toothless?" I asked. His eyes then trailed down to me and he smiled. Like smiled-smiled which shocked me and I stepped back.

"Because I am toothless"

.........

"Hahahahahahahahahah"

I narrowed my eyes at my brother. "This isn't funny" I snapped.

"Listen here Mr. Mysterious. This isn't funny and you better stop playing. Now where is our dragon?" I asked and pulled my dagger out of my belt. The boy eyed me carefully with an eyebrow raised.

"Yh, where's the proof" Said my brother as he walked up to us and we simultaneously crossed our arms.

"Your names are Hiccup and Hicca Haddock. My name is Nerezzi but you call me Toothless because of my retractable teeth. Hiccup recently started calling my 'your highness' even though I told him not to because of my Prince status. You shot me down a few months ago which took my tailfin and I can't fly without both. You even have a book called Project Nerezzi where you right notes in on the saddle and tail." He said still eyeing the dagger but looked straight at me at the end of his sentence.

I gasped and hiccup's mouth dropped slightly opened. There is no way in hell a stranger would know all of this. This was Toothless. The Toothless. I dropped the dagger out of shock and Hiccup immediately started poking Toothless.

"HOW?!" Hiccup exclaimed.

Toothless just watched as Hiccup walked circles around him observing and poking him. I just stared. I slowly walked up to him and he turned to stare at me, watching my every move. I gently took his hand and held it in my own.

He had small black scales on his hand that ran from his middle finger at the top of his hand and up his arm until the shirt covered his elbows. The scales were like little specs all over until it blended into skin. I slowly lifted his hand and put our hands palm to palm. His were a little bigger than mine but not that different. His fingers then curled around mine.