Ch.31: Newborn 101

Start from the beginning

"Yeah....I ...I don't know, but the way you looked when you found out...well it just discouraged me further, ok? I was scared I would lose you." he looked at me and scooted next to me, and I brought my head towards his chest.

"I'm sorry. Ok? It was just that...the thought of one...of any of those leeches losing control near you...I just can't." he sighed. I looked at him.

"So much for meeting my parents huh?" he laughed.

"You're just like Bella you know?" he laughed and I stiffened. It just brought back a few words Edward had once said. Jacob was not into me because I was like Bella. I was nothing like her. I was me, and she was her, end of story.

'He doesn't mean it like that, Bella is just a friend now and you're his imprint. Relax.' I tried to ease my own mind.

"She kind of has a thing for weird. Except I think you beat her." I got it now and I chuckled somewhat.

"Wait? How do I beat her, huh? She's dating a vampire; I'm dating a werewolf?" I told him, somewhat smug.

"Haha. Yeah, you got the better deal on the dating, but she's best friends with a werewolf. Your... you're family with a bunch of leeches." I sighed.

"Jacob......since you know they're my family now...do you think you can lighten up with the...., the nicknames?" I pulled from him just slightly and he sighed.

"Ok...I'll....I'll try." I smiled and pecked his cheek. I bounced up, feeling like the world had been lifted off of my shoulders. I have no idea how Atlas did it, but I could not manage such a burden when I had been so close to crumbling under the weight of my lies. Although I wasn't completely free of them, it still felt enough. It gave me some peace of mind knowing that Jacob knew who I was and even greater peace knowing my family had done what they had. Especially Edward. He could have easily just told them the truth whether out of spite or whatever, but he could have. Yet, he didn't and for that I was thankful for. "Where you off to?" Jacob asked grinning at me.

"Let's do something!" I suggested. I was just so hyped up and energetic. Jacob laughed at my hyperactive self.

"It's..." he looked at the clock on my nightstand. "2:40!" I shrugged my shoulders. "AM!" I just grinned and then made a puppy face, sticking out my bottom lip and letting my eyes glaze over. "We can't!" he laughed, but we no longer heard the tv, which meat Billy was asleep already. "I can't." he whispered when we heard Billy groan. "I have to go to practice with the lee..." I looked at him, hands on hips, "Cullens. I can't. Sam had sent me a message before I came up here. I have to leave at 3:30" I pouted.

"Who cares! Just...we'll meet them later on! We can go around and go for a run! Or maybe we could go for a swim at the creek or..." I was filled with so much energy I felt like I needed to release it somehow. Jacob just chucked and interrupted my rambling by placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Haha! Take it easy." the both of us were smiling at each other and I breathed in to calm down, hoping that would work. It did, somewhat at least. "Ok. What do you mean you're coming with me? You're not." I grinned and pretended to think about it.

"No...I'm pretty sure I am going." He just shook his head, still smiling, but it was forced.

"No...you're not and you know why?" he leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Because I said so." I shivered and I saw him smirk. Ok, two can play it that way.

"Oh, yeah?" I got closer to him and pushed slightly harder than any human would. Well, what can I say, Jacob's not human so this called for inhuman strength. Jacob fell onto the bed and I crawled on him. My legs on both side of him as I straddled his waist. I just placed my head on his chest, right under his head, looking up at him. "Please Jacob? I really want to go. It would mean a lot to me if I could go. Please?" the whole time I could hear and feel his thudding heart pounding against his chest and the occasional shudder erupting throughout his body. He was just staring at me, mouth agape and I could see some sweat collecting on his brow.