Part Twenty Four

Your POV

Slowly, my breath left my lungs as I sat on the ground, legs crossed. My mind was filled with the images of war and such. Everything saw was meant to break my will. But fortunately, my will cannot be broken that easily. Even images flashing of my parents being killed didn't even dent it. However, what came next did start to. Visions of my peerage and I fighting against the Adherents of God. One by one, my peerage began to fall. Unfortunately the deaths of the angels didn't meet the ratio at which my peerage was falling. Soon, it was only me. As the angels looked at me, they began to charge their respective powers. While I may be fast, I can't outrun holy magic, especially from pure angels. However as their attacks began to be launched at me, the vision dissipated. A sigh escapes my lips as I open my eyes. That one dealt very real. In front of me, Alex and Isabella were sparring against the twins. Ava and Lillian were talking as Shido read a book. All of them have bonded greatly. Even Isabella who had only been here for a matter of days. And to say they haven't left a mark on me would be lying. They all were my family now. A smile came onto my face as I stood up.
Me: "Alright, that's enough for now. Go rest you four." Ravel walked in, her hair had begun to turn blonde again. However the tips of her hair remained black. A smile grace her lips as she walked up to me. She sat next to me, wrapping her arms around mine.
Ravel: "How was today's meditation."
Me: "This one was different."
Ravel: "How so?"
Me: "It showed me failing. Failing to teach my peerage, my family. And they died by the very ones I am meant to kill." Closing my eyes, I feel Ravel press her lips to my cheek.
Ravel: "Do not worry. I'm sure you will train them to the best of your abilities. And that vision was not real, you know that."
Me: "It could be though, it could be." And with that, I stood up. Before Ravel could protest, I walk out of the room and away from everyone. Damn I needed a drink or two.

Meanwhile, 3rd POV

The Adherents Of God are seen conversing with the angel Abaddon, more commonly known as Apollyon. Apollyon worked in tandem with the Grim Reaper. Their leader was furious about the actions his second in command took.
Raziel: "Turiel, I am very disappointed in your actions. And you gave him a chance to study your magic. That is the inherent ability that his bloodline shares." Raziel turned away from the wounded Turiel.
Raziel: "Ailiel. Your intrusion may have saved Turiel's life, but it gives him a chance to study your magic as well. Anael and you will train to hone your magic further when she returns. Apollyon, you are needed to resurrect our fallen brother." Apollyon grunted, blood seeping from the wounds he gained from Ailiel.
Apollyon: "You do remember who else is in control of the souls of angels?"
Raziel: "Of course. Hence why our dear sister Anael isn't here." Apollyon shuttered slightly at the though of Anael. Anael could be particularly ruthless unlike her role of Angel of love.
Apollyon: "She knows to bring him intact correct?" As Raziel was about to speak, Anael appeared. In her left hand was her slightly bloodied blade. In her right hand was the unconscious body of the Grim Reaper.
Anael: "Of course brother Apollyon. Here he is, without a scratch to be seen!" She slides him across the room, sending a line of blood across the floor.
Apollyon: "I need him awake for this." Anael was about to walk over when Gabriel walked into the room.
Gabriel: "Sister Anael, I will heal him. Go clean you blade please dear sister." Anael nods and skips away.  Gabriel walked to the Grim Reaper. She placed her hands above him, magic flowing out from her palms. The magic seeped into the Grim Reaper's body, healing the wounds inflicted by Anael. As he began to stir, Ailiel dragged Turiel out of the room to het him to his own.

Meanwhile, Your POV

I slam down my thirteenth cup of whiskey for the night. It was a very strong whiskey. Surprised they even had it here in Japan. But all that mattered now was how much I could drink before I passed out. The bartender fills my cup up with more whiskey. I nod to him and grab the cup. Holding it to my lips, I say a silent roast before sending it down the hatch. It stung but I was used to even stronger stuff. The anxiety of failing everyone in my family had gotten to me. Ira didn't speak at all during this. I was acting completely out of instinct. As the bartender refilled my glass, someone sits next to me. Before they could speak, I blacked out.

Meanwhile, Raziel's POV

I watched as Apollyon and the Grim Reaper were bringing our deceased brother back from the grave. It should be a valuable lesson for him and the others. But I am no leader like our god was. He led us effectively, using our talents to spread his name into the battles we waged. But that was along time ago. However, due to my magic, I had received a vision. It showed a version of me wielding the very dragon we swore to destroy. And a sword was held to my throat. It was (Y/N) Obliti. But he had my armor on. It made sense on what I was seeing. I was seeing an alternate reality. One in which our roles are switched. Whether it is before, during, or after now is all speculation. It made sense for me to be seeing them now. The portal in which the Grim Reaper and Apollyon are retrieving Aithel's soul from can be used as a gateway between realities. As the vision diminished, Aithel formed in front of our very own eyes. The process had been completed. I nod to Anael, who nodded back. Then with a swift strike, her sword decapitates the Grim Reaper. His scythe shattered, most likely sending it's powers to his apprentice. Good. Let her tell her master of what has happened. Let them know we are at full strength again. We will not fail this time. And we will not forsake our god. Not now, not ever. And we will kill in his name. As Aithel formed completely, his power returned to him in the form of flames. His body burned quickly, his sword returning to his side.
Me: "I'm sure you're well aware what I'm about to say."
Aithel: "I know. I had overextended myself and foolishly revealed myself to our enemy." I nod and turn away from him.
Me: "Go and regain your power. You'll need it to train with your sister and Anael." He nods and walks off to his chamber. A grin came onto my face. We were close to being ready. And Gabriel was poised to allow our order to return to its former glory. Our mission was almost complete

——————————————————
A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this part. And what happens when someone like you blacks out? Find out in the next update. And as always....

The Fan out