Part Ten

Your POV

I looked Rias and Sona in their eyes.
Me: "I have a feeling on why your siblings arrived with you two."
Rias: "Care to explain?"
Me: "Well Ira, my dragon, wanted my blood to be mixed with more noble blood. I am surprised father didn't even invite little Ravel Phenix herself regardless of my prohibition of that clan." Rias and Sona looked surprised at my statement.
Me: "Yes, that means that one of you might get recommended for me to pick as my bride." They both looked surprised still.
Me: "Anyway, I need to get my peerage their familiars as well."
Rias: "Well, I have-."
Me: "Your dragon does not need one. His potential alone will make up for it." I look to Sona.
Me: "Hmm, your pawn is the only one correct?" She nods.
Sona: "Yes, He is. But he is not like.... Issei and doesn't have an emperor at his side." I rub my chin in thought.
Me: "Alright, I'll make this fair and ask if maybe you would like to participate in a friend competition for the right to enter the forest." Sona thinks this over for a minute before looking at me.
Sona: "What do you have in mind?"
Me: "Well, three things that we hold in our competitions. One: Hand to hand. Two: Knowledge of the sacred gears. Three: Best magic creator. But only one can be conducted by you. The other two will be different members of your peerage." She nods before walking out of the garden. I turn to Rias.
Me: "You will get your chance princess of ruin." I put both of my hands behind my back before walking to the door.
Rias: "You don't have to leave."
Me: "On the contrary, you should be leaving as well. After all wouldn't want our relatives finding out we were in a room alone together." She starts to blush before walking out at a fast pace. I chuckle before walking to the gate with the insignia carved into the lock. I rub my left hand on it, feeling all the grooves on it. I sigh before walking back inside. 'Let's see how the future goes shall we?' I walk moderately fast to the floor containing my peerage. When I get onto the floor, I hear signs of fighting and exhaustion. I walk to the training room on this floor and see all but Lillian fighting. Two v two, Ava and Shido versus Jackson and Tyler. It was a stand off because the two pawns were powerful, but I hadn't set up the end line so they couldn't promote themselves to be even with Ava and Shido. I lean on the door frame before closing my eyes. I recognized the other sides of the rooms as the boundaries, allowing them to be able to promote themselves. Lillian noticed me and decided to walk over.
Lillian: "Mister (Y/N), what did you do?" I chuckle a bit before looking at her.
Me: "Lillian just call me (Y/N), and what I did was recognize the battlefield, allowing our pawns the chance to promote." She looks at the fight curiously, before noticing Jackson's increase speed and Tyler's increased strength.
Lillian: "I-I see."
Me: "Still nervous eh?"
Lillian: "I'm just n-nervous that one of your guards w-will try to... you know." I put my hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up to me.
Me: "No one will harm or touch you if they know who your king is. All of my guards and servants fear me for a reason."
Lillian: "W-why would they f-fear." I chuckle before patting her head.
Me: "Let's just say that when one of Sirzechs' messengers came, he saw me fighting one of Ira's creations. And I didn't use my sacred gear to kill it. I used my pure magic, gaining me fame under the alias 'The Dark Prince of Oblivion.' And it has earned me quite the reputation when people saw me absolutely destroy Rizer." She looks at me with admiration in her eyes, or was it envy? Or maybe she just developed a crush on me.... maybe....
Lillian: "I had heard the rumors throughout the manor, but I didn't think it was you.."
Me: "And look at that, you're not stuttering anymore. Which is a shame because I found it adorable." I smile at her and she blushes and hides her face in her hands. I chuckle and pat her head as a explosion gets my attention. Tyler falls out of a wall as Shido was panting heavily. Smoke was coming from his fist. Jackson had Ava's sword to his throat. I start to clap, startling them all, except Lillian.
Me: "Well done. As expected from my queen and a rook. But now let's change it up a little.... Hmm.... Tyler join Shido. Ava join Jackson." The twins look hesitant but comply.
Me: "You need to learn your ally's weaknesses and strengths. No doubt that you no at least one on the other team." I clap my hands together and I gain a small smile.
Me: "Boundaries have been set up. Pawns can only promote to knight or rook. Now go discuss strategy, you have one minute." I turn and walk back to the sideline, where Lillian was sitting in a chair she brought. I raise an eyebrow at her.
Me: "Didn't bring me one?" She looks up and was scared. I had a stoic expression on before lightening and having a small smile on my face. I chucked at her scared expression.
Me: "Don't worry about it, I'll just stand." I smirk and turn back to the arena.
Me: "Times up, head to the center." The two teams walk to the center before looking at me.
Me: "Remember, do not kill each other. And please don't betray your teammate." I raise my hand into the air.
Me: "3. 2..... 1." I throw my hand down and the fight begins.

Timeskip, Your POV

I watched as Ava pointed her sword at Tyler. Shido was in a standoff with Jackson. Jackson was promoted to rook so it was entertaining for Shido to be out matched, but we ran out of time.
Me: "Stop." Ava and Shido, after proper discipline stop what they were doing and looked in my direction. Tyler and Jackson follow suit. They all line up next to me. I put my hand on Lilian's shoulder and released my magic into her sacred gear. As expected it greedily takes it and coverts it to healing magic. It heads the four of them and replenishes my stamina.
Me: "There's a reason I have stopped the match. I have arranged a completion between this peerage and miss Sitri's peerage to gain the right to get a familiar."
Lillian: "Um, what's a familiar?"
Me: "A familiar is a creature that will bind to you and do your bidding. But some will not go easily."
Tyler: "So why do we need one if we have sacred gears?"
Me: "They become useful in a battle. Very useful."
Jackson: "Do you have one?"
Me: "No because my house never had access to it before a month ago."
Ava: "So all of us are getting familiar?"
Me: "It depends if a familiar finds you worthy enough to show itself to you." There was an awkward silence.
Me: "No more questions? Good. I have to train two of you to aid me in the competition." I turn and walk out as they follow me. I turn and head to the library, to get them to learn all the knowledge needed. Even if we win or not, this competition will show me how far my peerage will go to aid each other.

——————————————————
A/N: The first step has been taken to gain a familiar. And I hope you liked the nickname I gave you guys because honestly I am not good with names. Anyway I need names for your familiar. So leave them in the comments until I say stop. Anyway, as always....

The Fan out