Part Twenty One

Your POV

I turned to face a crying Ravel.
Me: "What do you want Ravel?"
Ravel: "I-I want to apologize." I hum in thought before snapping my fingers. Then I outstretched my hand out to her
Me: "Cognitionis." A purple aura surrounds her, freezing her in place.
Me: "Now that we have privacy, mind telling me who of the tow started this, Ddraig?"
Ddraig: "I believe this story is irrelevant."
Me: "And why is that?"
Ddraig: "The Ravel Phenex that my former wielder's peerage faced was no where as... twisted as the one in front of you."
Me: "So you suggest that either this Ravel is a fake, or something has twisted her mentally?"
Ddraig: "I am. But unfortunately that child is still Issei's."
Me: "I know." I held my hand out to 'Ravel'.
Me: "Vivus." She stumbles, the effects of the magic affecting her greatly.
Me: "I will only say this once. Who or what are you?" She looked at me with innocent eyes.
'Ravel': "I-I'm Ravel Phenex." Although, her voice broke slightly. Suggesting that this wasn't Ravel.
Me: "If you won't say, very well." I appear in front of her gripping her face and injecting magic into her. She screams in pain as I did so. Her regeneration did kick in, meaning this was still Ravel. Releasing her face, I choke slam her to the ground.
Me: "Tell me what you've done with Ravel Phenex. This Ravel is obviously a fake!" Then she stopped struggling. A smirk came to her face.
'Ravel': "It took you sooner than I expected to find out." All of the sudden I was launched back.
'Ravel': "Although you don't see me as Ravel, I am still her. The only thing that has changed is that my eyes have been opened to the truth. The truth that we are all flawed. The devils, angels, fallen angels, everyone!" She stands up as her voice began to distort with multiple voices overlapping. Then a black substance began to cover her.
'Ravel': "I'm sure you've heard of the infamous Corruption, (Y/N) Obliti?" I clench my fists. Everything clicked now. I studied about The Corruption. It's raw power can shift even the most kindred spirits into ones of deceit and evil. Worst of all, it was the supposed twin to Ira. The signs of it being inside her were all there. I stood up, my sacred gear appearing on my right hand. 'Should I go juggernaut?' No response from Ira. Fantastic. Meanwhile the creature Ravel was becoming was unnatural.

I exhale and get into my stance as the Corruption sent a dozen tentacles at me

I exhale and get into my stance as the Corruption sent a dozen tentacles at me. With ease I dodge most of them. Some do graze me but don't cut through my clothes. I look at The Corruption as it began to recollect itself into a figure. Most likely trying to reform into it's original form. I couldn't allow this. My feet acted on their own, launching me at it. The balance breaker reformed onto me as I threw a fist. The Corruption couldn't do react with anything significant as my fist collided with it's body. The force of the punch sent it's body parts everywhere onto the ground. I raise my arms into an x to block it's punch. As expected it punched as hard as me. The ground under me cracked as The Corruption pulled it's arm back as it began to attempt to reform once again. I jumped at it, throwing another punch. It however opens itself up and I fly right through it and slam into the ground. A groan escaped my lips as it wrapped a hand around my leg before throwing me. I yell as I slam into a building. The sound of walls cracking was heard behind me. I look up to see the building beginning to slowly collapse from the force of me being launched into it. My attention is reverted to The Corruption as it formed into a female figure, no doubt using Ravel as it's basis.