3.13 | final time |

I slowly wake to the steady beat of the heart monitor beside me and I instantly move a hand to my tummy with a gasp. I look down at it as I see a tanned hand take mine away gently. "Shh you're both okay, baby." Embry says as he kisses my hand.

I look at him with wide eyes. "H-how do you know?" I whisper slowly shaking my head.

He hands me his phone with a smile and I take it, watching the grey grainy image as a tiny blip beats to the sound of a fast heart; tears slip down my cheeks as my other hand covers my mouth. My baby's okay, he's still got a strong heart beat!

"See? He's all good." Embry whispers.

"You said he." I look at him, my left eye barely open from bruising. I bet I look a right old mess.

Embry blushes and bites his lip to cover a smirk. "I did.. "

"I said he, when I think about it." I smile wide.

"Oh yeah? Maybe that's a sign." He smiles wide. "I'm so glad you're both okay."

"What... what happened to her?" I ask as I look at my lap, watching the video scan again.

"She's getting help, Aubs. Nowhere near here, but she's with her family."

I exhale slowly. "The only thought going through my head was about the baby. And I was so scared that she would somehow get to Kinley." I shake my head as I swallow hard, the thought making bile rise in my throat.

"Just calm down, everything's gonna be okay now. She's gone - for good - and our babies are amazing. You are amazing." He kisses me and I close my eyes, cupping his cheek.

I smile gently. "Love you."

"Love you more. I called your Mom, she's flying in tonight, and your dad is waiting outside."

I groan small. "Do they all know...?" I nod towards the phone.

"Yeah, he's not our little secret anymore baby I'm sorry."

"Damn, I wanted to do a big reveal and make everyone cry."

Embry laughs and shakes his head. "Oh yeah? Glitter and balloons and banners?"

"No, I ordered Kinley a big sister t-shirt and I was gonna see who noticed first. Vamps or wolves." I giggle small.

"We would've won." He smirks.

"I was rooting for the vamps." I tease.

"You suck up."

I laugh small and hold my ribs; not as sore as last time I broke some but still, pretty sore. "Hey I'm not on painkillers am I?" I look at the fluid bag.

"No, I knew you wouldn't want to be while pregnant. They all doubted me but I knew what you wanted."

I smile. "I'm glad, thanks baby."

There's a knock at the door and I look over as mom stands with Kinley. "Is momma up for visitors?" She smiles.

I sit up. "There's my baby girl!"

She shies away, hiding in mom as I frown. "It's okay baby, she senses the environment and somethings happened and she's responding." Mom rubs her back before handing her to me. She cries and tries to climb away.

"Hey baby it's mommy." I coo, and, eventually, she calms down and nuzzles against me. I pull the covers over her and kiss her head. "Mommy's got you."

She sucks her paci and plays with my ear as she does when she's tired or upset. I play with her hair and hum gently, letting her fall asleep as I close my eyes for a moment, savouring this feeling.