1.6 - awkward encounters .•☆

"Bend me over and spank me hard please?"

- Aubree Jacobs

☆•.♡.•☆

I leave Carlisle's office with puffy eyes, but it feels like a weight has been lifted from my chest. The cinderblock I mentioned earlier? Partially gone. Carlisle was broken by what I told him and he gave me the same sympathy look everyone does. I don't want sympathy, I just want to move on.

I give him a small wave as I glance over my shoulder at him; he returns it with a small smile. I take a deep breath and pull my hood up as I head out into the pouring rain, knowing I still have 10 minutes at least until the boys turn up.

As I'm scrolling through my phone I feel someone watching me; my heart skips a little and I slowly look up. Embry Call stands across the road from the hospital, in the sheltered barricades of the trees bordering the road. Why is he watching me so intently? What's with the intense staring, the deep brown eyes feeling like they're burning holes in my soul?

He says something to someone unseen before he disappears at the blink of an eye. I exhale slowly and decide to try to follow him - only my plans are foiled when the challenger screeches to a stop beside.

Bailey rolls the window down and looks up at me. "Dragon? Hey, Aubree!" He says trying to get my attention.

I look away from the trees. "Hmm?"

"What's wrong?" He climbs out of the car, turning it off. Cooper obviously stayed at home.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I shake my head to clear it as I smile. "Guess who got the job?"

"No way!" He picks me up and spins me around as I shriek, clinging to him.

I giggle and he sets me down; looking over his shoulder I see a flash if a wolf.... a god damn wolf again!? "Let's go home, order a pizza or something to celebrate." I say, wanting to get him and myself away from here. If that thing isn't just my imagination - which there's a 99% chance it is - then it's probably dangerous. It's literally the size of a bear.

Bae opens the door for me and I curtsy with a giggle, climbing in and out of the pouring rain; I sigh in content, actually feeling a lot better than I did this morning, as Bailey drives us home.

Once we pull up at the house, Bailey runs inside quickly - odd..? I roll my eyes and climb out taking my time to head in. As soon as I walk in I gasp and blush profoundly.

"Congratulations!" Sue and everyone yells. By everyone I mean basically everyone I know here; Sue, Charlie, my brothers, dad, Seth and Leah, Jacob and Ness, Jared, Quil and Doctor Cullen, along with a young beautiful women beside him - his wife.

I blush deeply and cover my face. "Oh my god you guys this is embarrassing!"

"We just wanted to say we're proud of you." Dad smirks as he wraps an arm around my shoulders, a beer in his hand. He places a kiss on my forehead.

"It's only a job..." I blush.

"It's your independence." Carlisle chimes in with a smile, his arm around Esme's shoulder; she's even more beautiful than the pictures on Carlisle's desk.

I giggle small. "I guess so."

Sue takes my coat and hangs it up. "Bae said you needed a little cheering up and what better way than a celebration of you and your new job. Now come get some burgers and steak before the boys eat them all."

I smile and let her pull me to the kitchen; I feel Carlisle's eyes on me as I take a plate and look at the food laid out across the kitchen counters. I take a deep breath and grab myself a burger with a bun, a small piece of steak and some salad. I move aside and as soon as I'm sat at the table the Quiluete boys - and girl - are digging in hungrily.