2.12 ○▪Chief

Every day is all the same
Like no matter what the reason is the seasons never change
I think of all the time I spend
Drifting far away and zoning out as I'm clocking in

Tell my loved ones that I wish them well

November
by Sleeping With Sirens

➳ ➳ ➳

I stay sat in the middle of the kitchen floor, my tattered wedding dress in my arms. Someone did this; someone trashed our house and specifically my dress. It's ruined, covered in fake blood and sliced, torn and even burnt by what looks like cigarettes. Who could do such a thing?

"Aubree?" Pipper says softly as she comes in slowly, carefully stepping over glass to get to me.

I hiccup and look up at her as a tear rolls down. "This w-was it. The dress o-of my dreams." I whisper. "I paid for i-it, by mys-self." I hiccup. And I did; I kindly declined Carlisle's offer, wanting this to be the one thing I buy just for me for a while. A girl only gets one shot. And mines been ruined.

She tucks her hair back as she kneels down. "Shh its okay. We'll get you a new-"

"I don't want a new one! This is my dress!" I yell gripping it closer to me.

"Okay okay okay, relax." She holds her hands out. "Let's get you upstairs. Where's Buddy?"

"Groomers." I whisper. I shake a little and grip the dress in one hand as I take hers in the other; she gently pulls me up and wraps an arm around my waist, guiding me out of the danger zone. As we step out of the kitchen and into the living room I see Charlie, dad and Embry talking, all frowning as dad leans on his cane for support.

His face softens as he looks over. "Hey pumpkin..."

I hiccup. "T-they ruined my d-dress daddy." I look down.

He limps his way over and wraps an arm around my shoulder pulling me close as he kisses my head. "It's not okay baby, they'll pay. But it's a dress Okay? I'm more concerned about your safety." He says.

I shrug small and pull away, heading for the stairs. "What's the point? Things are always going to go wrong, why try and be happy?" I whisper as I walk up to the bedroom.

I hear dad sigh. "She said that after... after Dean." He whispers to the others.

"I'm calling Jasper, maybe he or one of them can recognise the scent or track it." Embry says.

"What...?" Pipper says confused but dad simply says he'll explain later.

I try to drown them out as I set the dress on the bed and look around the trashed room. I sigh and grab the ruined clothes throwing them in a pile, stripping the bed and throwing the sheets there too. After I've remade the bed and changed into joggers and a hoodie I sit in the middle of the bed and hold the dress in my lap, tears once again falling. It really must be true, I must be cursed; first Dean, then Embrys accident, then mine and then mine with dad. Now this? The cherry on this turd sundae.

 Now this? The cherry on this turd sundae