1.10 - bones exposed .•☆

"You're a vampire and that creeps you out?!"

- Aubree Jacobs

☆•.♡.•☆

"Em..." I whisper with wide eyes.

"Explain!" He demands.

My eyes dart over his angry expression and I hold in a sob. "This isn't how I wanted to tell you..." I cry.

"TELL ME!" He yells as his whole frame shakes.

Jacob, Carlisle, Jasper, Quil and Emmett are suddenly surrounding us, quicker than I can blink - how the hell!? Renesmee pulls me back a little as Isabella and Edward rush over.

"Embry please." I cry.

"EXPLAIN!" He roars.

"I killed a man... a man who raped me. He tortured me, abused me and I did it in self defence! I didn't mean to do it I'm sorry!" I sob as I shake from fear.

Growls - bear like growls - leave his chest and there's a loud shredding sound as something happens. I scream at the top of my lungs as a large wolf stands in the centre of the group surrounding him, his teeth exposed as he snarls.

I back up and panic, everyone else seemingly calm. I take off running, running through the restaurant and to my car in a panic. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

"Aubree come back." Isabella calls, behind me somehow.

"Stay away! I don't know what you people are but please don't hurt me I won't tell anyone!" I beg as I shake violently, struggling to get the key in the car door.

"Ree? Hey, it's just me." Jacob says suddenly behind me, his warm body inches from mine.

I tense and freeze, holding in a sob. "Please... please tell me you aren't one."

"I am... I'm his alpha." Jacob says slowly.

I turn to look at him in shock. I laugh in fear. "I've had a mental breakdown haven't I? I've truly lost it this time."

"Aubree, come back to the house so we can talk. Please." He begs as he goes to touch my cheek.

"Don't." I snap and he stops, his eyes hurt.

He slowly reached around me as I avoid him, but he unlocks the car for me and opens the door. "I won't force you to stay. But I'm going to follow, just to make sure you are safe."

I shake my head and jump in, speeding away as I see him say something to Bella while he takes his white shirt off. I put my foot in the gas and shake still as my eyes dart around the road, making sure I a) won't hit anyone and b) I'm not being followed.

The wolf I've seen so many times aroud is him - it's been Embry the whole time. Why? How? My fucking boyfriend or whatever he is, is a wolf! I'm insane. Literally.

When I feel far enough away from it all I pull over on the highway and sit staring ahead for a moment. I scream when the passenger door opens and Rosalie climbs in, her face concerned.

"HOW!" I cry in fear.

She takes my shaking hands. "I'll explain later okay? But you have to calm down. If you carry on, you're going to crash and you will die. That isn't just a concerned warning, it is a fact." She says seriously, making sure I'm listening.

I stare into her gold eyes in shock before I break down, sobbing hard into her as she holds me close. "I'm so sorry you went through what you did with Dean... He deserved what he got. I know how you feel and I know you're blaming yourself - but don't."