2.5 ◇▪Flu

Tell me what's the point of life
Is it material?
Had everything I could ever want and probably more
When I lay in bed at night
All I do is think of you
So when all this is gone what do I have to come home to?

Alone
by Sleeping With Sirens

➳ ➳ ➳

I groan as I roll over, shoving a pillow over my head as I squint at the light. Someone laughs beside me making the bed vibrate. "Well good morning sunshine! The earth says hello!"

"Fuck off, Black. Quoting Willy Wonka? Mature." I groan.

He laughs again. "How's the head?"

I sigh and squint as I look up at him. "Pounding." I sit up and take the water and pills he holds out. "Thanks."

"No problem. Embry called. Twice." He says casually as he lays with his arms behind his head.

I swallow the pills as I stare at the wall. "Cool." I say simply.

"I didn't say anything, he was just looking for you. Guess he didn't think I'd be here because apparently he tried everyone else and no one would tell him; I was the last resort. I told him I was still in Alaska."

"Good, I don't want to speak to him yet." I say in a whisper.

"Why?" Jacob sighs.

"He... He looked like he wanted to tear me to shreds Jacob. He looked so mad. I'm glad I was in the car and basically already driving away because if I wasn't.... It was like he would've gone for me."

Jacob begins to shake a little. "He lost it... He almsot lost it!" He snarls.

I sigh. "Don't go too hard on him, he'll blame me for snitching to his alpha."

"That doesn't matter right now." He growls.

I huff and get up, storming to the bathroom and slamming the door as a statement. I hear someone come in the room. "How's the head baby?" Dad calls; I already know he's smirking.

"Fine!" I snap as I change into some shorts and a loose vest top, tying my hair up in a messy bun as best I can.

Him and Jacob snicker before he speaks again. "Embry's here... I'm pretty sure you want him gone but I thought I better check."

I stop mid way through sliding a bobby pin in place; my heart skips a little and I stare at myself. I gain composure a moment later and take a deep breath. "No it's fine. I'll see him."

As I come out the bathroom I see Jacob's already gone; oh no.... I jog downstairs and past Pipper, outside to see Embry and Jacob growling at one and other on the driveway. Charlie runs over, clearly home for his lunch and not expecting to have to police on his own doorstep. "Hey hey hey, easy." He pushes them both apart as I stand between them.

"Are you fucking idiots!?" I snap in a low growl.

"What's going on?" Charlie eyes the boys up.

"Embry is a fucking ass-"

"Butt out of my business, Jacob-"

"I'm your alpha and her best friend, at least I know how to separate the two!" Jacob retorts.

I rub my throbbing head and Charlie notices. "Aubree, Sue just made lunch; why don't you join us, I'll be in soon."

I take the exit, not having the energy to fight them right now. I jog up the steps to the Swan's house - bare foot - and smile when I smell Sue's cooking. "Sue?" I call softly.