2.7 ◇▪Mistakes

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed.

How To Save a Life
by the fray

➳ ➳ ➳

Abigail has been on my mind since the call; I know she shouldn't be, but I can't help it. She was a sister to me, a sister I always craved. We used to spend every day together, everyday we could at least, before that whole thing happened. I can't just let it go.

Pipper has kept me distracted; her and I have spent a lot of time together. She stayed here for about a month before she had to go back, being deployed to a disclosed location. She won't be able to contact us for a while, but I promised we can talk when she can. I'm glad my dad has her - despite the age difference - as they make each other happy. He deserves it more than anyone else, and she isn't frightened away by the boys!

I sigh and put the dress Rosalie chose for me on. It's flowy, a red/brown color and she's expecting me to wear heels with it - I rarely wear heels. It's not like today's a special occasion, it's just a date night with Embry. I know they're rare but it's just a meal. I sigh and check myself in the mirror; yep, simple as ever. Ew, learn to do your makeup Aubs.

"Aubree, you ready?" Rosalie calls.

"Yeah yeah woman." I grumble and hear her laugh - of course she heard. I stomp my way downstairs as Rosalie snaps a picture. "Oh c'mon! That was such a mom thing to do!" I snap.

She kisses my cheek grinning. "You're so cute. But not cute enough to be mine." She teases.

I shove her playfully and laugh. "Alright where am I going then?"

"Climb on. I'm your ride." Emmett smirks.

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh c'mon..."

"Yes, come on and hurry up." Rosalie claps and lifts me onto Emmett.

"I'm not a child!" I huff.

"Stop acting like one then." Emmett rolls his eyes before he takes off running. I squeeze my eyes shut and bury my fsce in his sweater; I still hate this, Bella said you never get used to it. I believe her. The wind picks up a little as he runs and I hear the ocean - why are we at the beach? What's he planning...?

Emmett sets me down and smirks; my back is to the water. "Good luck, little Jacobs." He kisses my head and nods behind me before he disappears.

I roll my eyes and turn around, stumbling with a gasp as I come face to face with a path of candles. They create a wobbly path that heads down the beach, towards the rocks. I slowly step forward and begin to follow the candles, my heart racing already. This isn't just a date night... I think I know what's coming.

I come to a little sign that I'm just able to read in the setting sun. It says 'Stop here'. I raise an eyebrow and as I look up I see Jared walking over in just shorts as usual. He holds a small pink piece of paper out to me.

"Thanks?" I say as I take it. He smirks and stands there as I read it.

"The day we first met wasn't the first time I saw you, but each time I do it still makes my heart race. Here's some reasons why I love you; keep walking."

I glance at Jared before beginning to walk again. I come to another sign and see Paul holding another note.

"I love how you put those around you first, how you always have time to make sure those you love feel loved."