°《 that day 》°

July 12th, 2010
Baltimore

"Dean!" I shriek with laughter as his bony fingers tickle my ribs.

He laughs. "What baby?" His Aussie accent makes my heart melt.

I giggle more and grip his arms. "Stop stop I gotta pee!"

"Ew you're gross." He laughs as he stops, laying beside me on my bed.

I pant and roll over to face him. "Jerk. This is how we get to spend our 2nd year together?"

He smiles and tucks my hair behind my ear. "You've blossomed a lot... definitely not the same 15 year old nerd I fell for."

I scowl and playfully hit him. "And what happened to the slob of a man I fell for?"

"He got clean when he realised the special girl he'd found." Dean says softly, touching my cheek.

I blush and kiss him gently. "And I'm am beyond proud of you for that... two years together means two years sober."

He kisses my palm. "Exactly. You literally saved my life, Strawberree Aubree."

I groan and laugh at the name, making him smirk and laugh too. "You're cheesy! How about pancakes?" I sit up, not wanting to leave his side.

"Only if I can lick the bowl." He smirks. "Race ya!"

I gasp and bolt for the door that he's already gone through, trying to beat him down the first flight of stairs. He beats me easily to the kitchen but I jump on his back, wrapping my legs around his waist; his hands hold my thighs. "I demand a rematch..."

"You always do." He grins.

I jump down and make the pancake batter as he and I sing loudly to the radio; he's an angel when he sings, but I on the other hand am not. Dean loves when I sing, though.

I make us a stack of pancakes with blueberries on top, both of us sharing the plate. He winks at me as we eat, making me giggle and blush. His phone buzzes loudly and I frown as he sighs, looking at it.

"You told work you won't be in today, right?"

He texts on his phone. "Huh? Oh um yeah. Said I needed a family day... sorry baby, I gotta go sort soemthing out."

I frown as he kisses my cheek as he slips his jacket on. "Dean it's our anniversary..."

"I can't help it babe this is important."

"And I'm not?"

He rolls his eyes. "Don't start. I'll be back soon." He kisses my cheek before he rushes out.

I sigh and clean up; I guess I'm spending the day alone. My dad's working all weekend and my brothers are at a soccer tournament. And now my boyfriend has ditched me.

I spend the day watching soppy romcoms, eating cookies and cake. I see it's almost 11pm and sigh, dragging myself to my bedroom. Thanks babe, what a great anniversary.

I'm almost asleep when I hear the front door close and heavy footsteps on the stairs; stay strong Aubree. Silent treatment is all he gets. I sigh and keep my eyes closed, hearing his footsteps near.

His foot steps creak up the stairs and my bedroom door opens; I smile a little reluctantly as he climbs in behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "My girl." He whispers and in an instant I know something isn't right. He stinks of alcohol...

"Dean." I whisper. "I-I thought you were doing good..."

"I am." His eyes darken as they stare down at me. "Are you accusing me of breaking sobriety!?"

"N-no baby no." I whisper and touch his cheek.

He grabs my wrist tightly and I squeak in pain. "Don't. You. Dare."

"D-dean please." I whisper.

He throws my wrist down again and goes back to cuddling me. I take a shaky breath as I feel his cold hand reach into my shorts; he wouldn't... my Dean wouldn't do this.

"Mmm playtime huh?" He whispers.

"Dean... Dean!!" I scream as he forces his knee between my legs to hold them open. I hit at him as he tears my shorts off, pinning my hands above me.

"Now now, Aubree. Let's celebrate us." He laughs darkly.

I sob and don't stop screaming as he forces himself up on me; why did he do this...?

-

Two whole days I've endured this... he's been stoned or drunk the whole time. This isn't the man I love. He's possessed.

I lay, cold and shivering, on my bed, the covers over Dean as he snores loudly. My knees are pulled to my chest and I can feel the blood and bruises between my thighs... He took a knife to my skin. He cut me on purpose as part of some sick sexual game... why? Dean would never ever do that!!

I slowly try to stand, my whole body sore and aching. I lean on the wall as I drag myself to the shower, sitting under it and letting the cold water wash over me; I have no energy to try and stand.

I can't get my head around it. Dean had always been so loving... He got sober for me, he knew I would never love him if he didn't. He knew he had to prove it to me that he could keep me safe.

And he's the man who's just raped me, several times.

Wow.

I hiccup and pull myself up, dragging myself downstairs still naked. He would go crazy if I covered up... I shake violently as I stand in the kitchen, dripping wet and making a puddle on the floor.

I hear a floor board groan upstairs and I instantly panic. "Aubree.... where did you go princess?" His chilling voice calls.

I swallow hard and grab a knife from the draining board, running to hide. I quickly look around as I head him reach the bottom of the first steps.

Think think think!! I quickly see the under stairs cupboard door open and I rush inside it.

"Get back here, Aubree!" He yells suddenly.

I grip the knife, shaking as tears fall down my cheeks; I hold my breath as I hide under the stairs, curled tightly in a ball so he can't see me.

I see his feet pass by the door, his shadow blocking the only line of light there is. Please pass by... Please pass by...

I close my eyes and exhale shakily, thinking he's gone. I slowly open my eyes and scream as his face is inches from mine, a sadistic smirk on his lips. "I found you."

He grabs me by my hair and drags me from the cupboard, the knife clattering to the floor. I scream loudly as he slams me against the hallway floor, my head hitting the tiles and momentarily stunning me.

His groin slams against mine as he starts all over again. I lay emotionless as tears fall, silently praying to god for his mercy. My fingers brush over something and my heart skips as I wrap my fingers around the knife, taking a deep breath before I scream and force it into his neck.

He stumbles back gripping the handle with wide eyes. He pulls it out and throws it aside, beginning to choke on blood that pours over my naked body. He coughs, sputters and falls on me, unmoving. His hard blue eyes stare at me, a sigh leaving his lips.

The door opens. "Aubree were ho- AUBREE!!!!"