1.7 - twin hearts ・゚✧

"Who let the dog in?"

- Rosalie Hale

☆•.♡.•☆

I watch Bailey as he rubs his hair dry with a long sigh/groan. I hold in a smirk as Cooper bursts out laughing. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT!"

I stare at his shockingly blonde hair, giggling hard as I'm unable to hold it any longer. "Oh my god!!!"

"Shut up." He snips.

Bailey lost a bet and basically he's now a pretty bleach blonde boy. The guys wanted to see how many times they got asked to the girls choice dance and Cooper was asked by one more girl than Bailey. So now he's blonde for a month.

"Totally suits you Bailey." I pat his arm and grin.

Dad comes up into the bathroom. "Okay, I gotta go now but I promise I'll be gone 48 hours max. Okay?"

We roll our eyes. "Go!!"

He sighs and kisses our heads. "Love you all."

I smile and he rushes out; dad got called back to Baltimore to consult on a case and take part in a fundraiser. He couldn't pass the opportunity up to be the award winning heart surgeon again; I wouldn't let him.

I kick off the counter. "I'm in charge now so clean this mess up."

They roll their eyes and I smile as I go downstairs

They roll their eyes and I smile as I go downstairs. Almost three months since we arrived and I still sometimes find myself going left to my bedroom instead of right - my room was the attic in the old house, so I'd go left again and up another flight of stairs.

I close my bedroom door and sit in the armchair, grabbing a book Carlisle gave me. It's old, very old, but I can't seem to put it down. He gave it to me at my last check up a few days ago and I'm already half way through the bible-like book. I flick it open to my page and begin to read, finding myself engrossed in it once again. It's around midday when I next resurface from my bubble, a pounding in my head making it hard to focus.

I sigh and crawl into my bed, closing my eyes. Just a quick nap....

His foot steps creak up the stairs and my bedroom door opens; I smile a little as he climbs in behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "My girl." He whispers and in an instant I know something isn't right. He stinks of alcohol...

"Dean." I whisper. "I-I thought you were doing good..."

"I am." His eyes darken as they stare down at me. "Are you accusing me of breaking sobriety!?"

"N-no baby no." I whisper and touch his cheek.

He grabs my wrist tightly and I squeak in pain. "Don't. You. Dare."

Numb - Embry CallOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara