extra - twins letter

To my two special boys;

-

I don't know how much you remember me, or what you remember, but I'm your mom. I know I haven't exactly been that but we'll get into that later.

-

First off, I want to say how extremely proud I am of you both for your grades, your attitudes and what little gentlemen you can be. I never imagined you two could be so caring! When you were younger you would always fight; Bailey had to be right, Cooper had to be factual. One of you was summer and the other winter. You were so... different, but at the same time you mirrored one and other.

-

There's a lot of reasons why I left, many of which you guys don't need to be burdened with and many of which are personal to me. To put it simply? I struggled as a mom. I was a shit mom. It dawned on me finally when I forgot Bailey at Wal-Mart... I'm sorry, my love. I was stressed, three kids all so similar in ages. Your dad was doing all the shifts at the hospital because I had to stay home. I don't know if you know this but Cooper was behind in his development and your father and I both agreed one of us should stay home with you, so you could benefit from the one to one contact and the bond. I tell you what, it was such a hard decision to give up my residency for a while but it was very worth it when you finally walked just before your second birthday - You finally could chase your brother around. I watch the film of that sometimes and I melt. My extra special boy.

-

Your sister was always so willing and helpful, and because of that you both adored her. She would put on little music shows for you while your dad played the guitar and sometimes I'd sit by the piano for her and play. I'm so glad Aubs stepped up in place of me because she's the reason you two are the young men you are today.

-

Bailey, from what I've heard you got her courage and fiesty side. You're a dare devil - please, don't break anymore bones. Your heart is as pure as hers but the fire you hold in it is all your own. Never lose that son.

-

Cooper, you got mine and Aubrees sensitive side. I know you're so considerate, you always have been, and you always out others first. One time Aubree fell over and it was your turn to get an ice cream at the van, but instead you rushed to check her over and bring her to me. You lost out on ice cream, but I knew that you didn't care because you had done a good deed. You both always loved to do good.

-

I'm not writing to work my way back into your lives, but I am hoping that you can find a way to forgive me. I would love to hear from you, if that's what you guys wanted. If not, I understand. Just knowing I played a part in you guys being here is enough to feel content until I die.

-

I love you. Very very much.

-

All my love,
Amelia.
(Mom)

Please check out the AN before this; I would really appreciate it ♡