2.2 ○▪Guilt

What do I do when I am so in love with you? I forgot what I wanted to say. What do I do when you won't change your ways? It's time, it's time.

If I just saved you, you could save me too. If I just saved you, then you could save me too...

No one does it better
by You Me At Six

➳ ➳ ➳

I put the remaining food in air tight containers, putting them into the empty fridge; Embry and the pack went to see if they were needed or could help in any way, while I'm left alone in the house consumed by guilt. I never should have dragged any of them into this. So much for Dean no longer controlling my life.

Just as I close the fridge I see a tall figure in the kitchen doorway. "Jesus, Em." I mutter as I rest a hand on my racing heart.

"You aren't to blame for this."

"Mm?" I raise an eyebrow, playing dumb.

He rolls his eyes unconvinced. "I see it in your eyes; you always find a way to front the blame for things. Bailey, Dean, now this. Stop." He wraps his arms around me.

I cringe at the dark memories spurred on by the mention of past events. Emrby sighs. "I ran you a bath. C'mon."

"I'm fine-"

"I'll join you." He smirks.

I blush a deep red, letting him drag me to the bathroom. "Em... the bath tub is tiny."

"I have a little ass, what're you tryna say?" He shakes his hips and I giggle again as we both strip.

I climb in first and sit forward, letting him climb behind me; his long legs can't straighten out but they rest either side of me. "Ow cramp!" He cusses after only a few seconds, trying to shift.

"Em!" I gasp as water splashes out over the side of the tub. I go to get out.

"Stay still!" He snaps as he moves his legs to wrap around mine; I'm essentially in an Embry cocoon right now.

We both burst out laughing before we settle into a comfortable silence. I lay back against his chest and he wraps his arms around my pale torso, cupping his hand as he pours water over me.

I close my eyes and sigh. "I suppose this'll do..." I tease lightly. "Hey!" I laugh small as he pokes my side.

His warm cheek rests on my head; I can literally feel him smiling. "The first night in our home. The first bath. And the first time we christen the bedroom..." he sounds hopeful on that last part.

"Naa too tired." I tease.

"Aw C'mon!" He groans and I laugh as he slowly realises I'm not serious. "You, miss Jacobs, are a meanie."

"Suck it up buttercup." I whisper as I lean my head back, kissing his chin as I can't reach his lips from the extremely awkward and twisted angle we've ended up tangled in; a human pretzel quite literally.

Embry's thumb reaches up and brushes my jaw gently; my eyes close slowly at the touch and I left out a sigh of content. This man... his touch... it'll be the death of me someday. Of course I'm not serious - not entirely - but I do know that he could very well end my life. He wouldn't mean to, of course, but his wolf is more animal than Embry. It peaks through sometimes. I've seen Emily and her side of this debate. My mate could maul my body and I would never be able to blame him, firstly because I love him and secondly because it wouldn't be his fault.