3.1 | before |

I've almost perfectly ignored Embry for almost 6 weeks now; he's blanked me back, so it's been pretty easy. And I say 'almost' because the one day I go back to LaPush to walk Buddy along the beach just had to be the one day Embry decided to go cliff jumping with the pack. Fantastic. Ha.

I inhale sharply and whistle to Buddy, throwing his ball the opposite direction to the cliffs. "Good boy." I smile as I throw him a treat. I begin to lightly jog as he runs beside me, weaving in and out of driftwood like he always does.

"Should you be doing that while pregnant?" A voice asks.

I stop running but refuse to turn around. "Carlisle says it's fine."

"Alright... what does he say about 'I was an asshole' syndrome? I think I have that." Embry says.

I bite my cheek to hide my smirk. "Dunno. A burrito and an apology could go a long way." I throw Buddy's ball again, resting a hand on my tummy as I bend over.

"I'm sorry. I'm beyond sorry, I never should have said those things; I was the one who made you feel like you couldn't tell me and I feel horrible for that. You should have felt able to come to me, tell me, and I made you feel like you couldn't."

I turn around and face him; no shirt, dirty shorts and messy, uncut hair. "You fall apart without me huh?" I smirk a little. "And yes, you were an asshole. But so was I - this is our baby which means it's our decision. I was panicked, scared. I thought maybe if I got rid of it before anyone knew it would be okay, then Pipper guessed and Edward heard... I freaked." I sigh.

"We need to both grow a pair of balls huh?" He smiles gently. I giggle and nod. "You're already showing..."

"No that's just the 3 burritos I ate on my way here

"No that's just the 3 burritos I ate on my way here." I blush as I glance down at the bump that seems to appear and disappear sometimes; it's very evident right now under the body hugging workout shirt.

"Three!?" Embry laughs. "Baby, I eat three." He winks.

I blush more, at his teasing and how he already called me baby. See? It's so easy to go back to normal with him. "Yeah yeah, whatever. I had a scan... 13 weeks along." I say.

He looks down frowning. "You had a scan without me."

I sigh and grab my phone from my pocket. I take the case off and hold out the scan picture I had tucked in there. "Here; the doctor said he she is pretty decent sized."

Embry takes the picture gently. "It's... a blob."

I giggle. "Pretty much, yeah. He she will grow legs and arms soon, though."

"He she?" He raises an eyebrow as the wind blows his shaggy hair into his face.

I blush and giggle. "I hate saying 'it' so Alice and the girls call the baby 'he she'. I guess it's stuck."