1.12 - life and death .•☆

"Goodbye lover."
"Goodbye angel."

☆•.♡.•☆

I brush my teeth as my head bangs; another day another hang over. It's been almost 2 weeks. Two god damn weeks and all I've had is a shitty text saying 'I'm okay'. I rinse my mouth and sigh as I head downstairs, grabbing a water bottle before I slip my headphones on.

I ignore Jacob who is - as usual - in my house trying to get me to talk to him, going out the back way and out of the back gate. I start to jog, the warm almost June air making me push my sleeves up already.

I hold the water bottle and keep jogging, humming to myself as I go. After about an hour I come to a bridge I found last week, sitting down for a 5 minute break. I sip my water and look down the 30-40 foot drop to the crashing water below, wondering what it would be like to jump.

"You are so easy to find now." Rosalie says.

I jump and lay a hand on my chest. "Jesus, Rose!"

She giggles and sits beside me. "Boo? Anyway, I have a surprise for you."

"I hope it's a Gucci bag." I smirk teasingly.

"Almost." She holds a phone out to me.

I raise an eyebrow and it suddenly starts ringing. I slide the unlock button and Embrys tired face appears on the screen. I gasp and tear, covering my mouth. "Embry!"

He smiles. "Hi you." He sits up in his bed eagerly.

"Are you okay!?" I whisper as Rosalie disappears, giving us privacy

"I'm doing better, babe... sucks I haven't had you beside me." He smiles small. I wipe my cheek and sniffle. "Hey no don't cry."

"Sorry." I laugh small and sniffle again. "I'm so sorry about your mom... and for not telling you the truth. And for going crazy that day."

"Don't you ever be sorry! I'm the one who lost it with you without letting you explain; if that sicko was still alive I would tear him to fucking shreds." His shoulders shake a little and he winces, closing his eyes as he tries to calm down.

"I have seeing you in pain." I frown deeply.

"I'm healing, Aubs. Slowly, but I'm getting there. Got this gnarly cane to walk with." He smirks trying to lighten the mood.

I giggle small and lean on a beam. "Yeah? Send me a picture later, I bet you look like a right gentleman."

He smiles gently and sighs. "I promise I'm going to talk Jake into letting you come over... He thinks I'll get mad or try to phase - I'm apparently not allowed to do either."

I smile small. "Jacob is a self-centred prick who can suck himself."

Embry laughs hard and groans. "Stop making me laugh!"